Auxito or Fahren?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I've got a new Warlock Classic with the stock projectors.

The OEM lows are dismal to say the least! (fn candle sticks if I'm honest!).
The highs are typical halogens... what more can I say...lol

The housings call for HB3's which we all know are 9005's for the highs and lows.

I just want to put in a full set of LED's (highs & lows) that will fit in with the OEM dust covers on, no CasnBus issues, and deliver the best possible outcome in terms of wattage and lumen output.

Recommendations? (I don't care if I have to order from the USA vs Canada to achieve the results I would like to NET.

Thanks RF Crew!

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I started with the Auxito's in my projectors, they were "good". I switched to the Fahrens. Much brighter bulb plus they are clockable so you can dial them right in. Absolutely love them especially for the $$! They did "just" fit with the standard dust cap but I opted to buy the extended covers to give them a bit more breathing room for the fans.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got a new Warlock Classic with the stock projectors.

The OEM lows are dismal to say the least! (fn candle sticks if I'm honest!).
The highs are typical halogens... what more can I say...lol

The housings call for HB3's which we all know are 9005's for the highs and lows.

I just want to put in a full set of LED's (highs & lows) that will fit in with the OEM dust covers on, no CasnBus issues, and deliver the best possible outcome in terms of wattage and lumen output.

Recommendations? (I don't care if I have to order from the USA vs Canada to achieve the results I would like to NET.

Thanks RF Crew!

I have 9K lumen Fahren bulbs in the low beams and 10K lumen Fahren bulbs in the high beams, soon to be changed.

They are magnificently brighter than the OEM halogen bulbs. I drive primarily on rural highways and wear yellow lenses at night to reduce glare from oncoming vehicle lights.

Before upgrading to Fahren LED bulbs, I would always remove the yellow lenses when there was no oncoming traffic so that I could see adequately with the high-beam lights.

Now, thanks to LED lights, I can see much better using only low beams and running lights (FCA fogs) while wearing the yellow lenses. And thanks to AlfaOBD, I have disabled the running lights dropout feature.

I have to agree that the high beam bulbs don't have too much clearance to the back covers. This is where I will draw attention to the fact that Fahren, like other manufacturers, make many different LED bulbs that are different sizes.

The bulbs I used are specified as .9" whereas several other bulbs don't indicate the sizes, but the pictures make them appear as larger than .9".

I have purchased a set of the smaller and more powerful 15K lumen Auxito bulbs to see if they are any brighter when used in the high beams.

I plan to move the Fahren 10K lumen bulbs into the low beams and install Auxito 15K lumen into the high beams.

The Fahren bulbs were plug-n-play, no adjustments required and no undesirable features. From testimonials here, the Auxito bulbs sound like they will be the same. I found the Auxito bulbs on sale at Amazon.ca and bought Fahren bulbs from both .ca and .com.

Beware of Amazon BS which has different products available between the 2 sites that are often from the same manufacturer and listed as the same product. Fahren seems to give us last years products, less lumen output, and older chipsets.

The funny thing is that the Auxito bulbs, at least when I purchased them were newer and more powerful (15K lumen) on the Canadian site. That has to be a first. LOL

Fahren 11K lumen on sale at $44.79

Fahren 9005s at Amazon.ca

Auxito 15K lumen at $80

PS, ignore Amazon fitment guide, it's defective. :cool:

Last edited:

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
When I finally get around to changing the bulbs I will also get the extended covers ! IMO more space better cooling ?
All great info here :)

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I finally get around to changing the bulbs I will also get the extended covers ! IMO more space better cooling ?
All great info here :)

Do you have a link for those extended back covers? :cool:

BTW, I believe the above-specified Fahren bulbs provide adequate clearance and the specified Auxito bulbs are a slight bit smaller, providing more clearance. More is always better though. :cool:

Fahren base depth size is .9".

Fahren LED bulb size.jpg

Fahren 9005 at Amazon.ca

Auxito base depth spec is .74".

Auxito bulb size.jpg

Last edited:

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Do you have a link for those extended back covers? :cool:

BTW, I believe the above-specified Fahren bulbs provide adequate clearance and the specified Auxito bulbs are a slight bit smaller, providing more clearance. More is always better though. :cool:

Fahren base size is .9".

View attachment 540918

Fahren 9005 at Amazon.ca

Auxito spec is .74".

View attachment 540919

I have not started to look for the extended covers ! The Lights are are on the one day list lol But my interior and reverse and third brake lights are all LED

Found some links to the extended dust covers

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ALERT!

The Auxito LED bulbs that I listed earlier in this thread do not have any clocking adjustments.

There is a set screw holding the locking ring in place but it does not allow any clocking adjustments.

The Auxito bulbs that I installed into the high beam position of the projector housings on my '21 Warlock this afternoon are fixed at 12 & 6 o'clock.

Subjectively, they appear to be very bright but I won't know until I take a cruise, now that it's dark outside

I hope to get out for a test ride soon and report my findings. :cool:

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmmm, I just tried a road test with the Auxito bulbs in the high beams and I'm not certain if I can see as far down the road as I could with the Fahren bulbs.

They most definitely light up everything in the immediate area including the tree tops at the sides of the road. Should be great for avoiding the suicidal critters. :cool:

I'll have a second set of eyes this coming Saturday night. Hopefully, my buddy will have a definitive opinion.

And, a specific roadway should be a good test, it's very dark and straight.

More to follow...

Last edited:

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A couple of the county roads I used last night helped clarify the light qualities from the Auxito 15K lumen bulbs used in the high beams.

While I prefer the ability to adjust clocking, such as with the Fahren bulbs, these Auxito bulbs do a remarkable job of lighting the immediate area in front of the truck and do extend far down the road in front. The clocking is fixed at 6 & 12 o'clock.

I believe that the light does reach far down the road but because of how bright the area immediately in front is lit, the distant view is not as apparent.

The roads I used last night are quite overgrown by trees, very dark, and have long straight stretches.

AFAIC, this configuration will be well suited for rural use/critter avoidance or offroad use, there won't be much need for an additional light bar.