Average production time nowdays

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RonGrzywacz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On May 3 i ordered my first Quad cab Ram Bighorn. it was scheduled on the 9th. (I was a chevy guy).. This is the first new truck i ever ordered in 50 yrs of buying trucks.
Is there a thread anywhere that gives you an estimate of how long it will take to be built now days? it seems like the chip shortage is over and they are starting to catch up with past orders. I see threads from last year but nothing too recent.
Does it mater what options you ordered? Do they build Crews faster than Quads? Higher priced trucks first?

Thanks for any info
Ron G.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
On May 3 i ordered my first Quad cab Ram Bighorn. it was scheduled on the 9th. (I was a chevy guy).. This is the first new truck i ever ordered in 50 yrs of buying trucks.
Is there a thread anywhere that gives you an estimate of how long it will take to be built now days? it seems like the chip shortage is over and they are starting to catch up with past orders. I see threads from last year but nothing too recent.
Does it mater what options you ordered? Do they build Crews faster than Quads? Higher priced trucks first?

Thanks for any info
Ron G.
RAM should send you an email update as it progresses along the assembly line. They did for me. But if you just ordered this on May 3rd, you've got probably another couple months before it's done and on the way to you. You could get lucky, though.

carlucci89

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500
Engine
In my experience, the answer to your question is 'it depends'. Hopefully yours is a 1500. Some on this board have been waiting 6 to 8 months for 2500 and 3500 models. May your wait be short!

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
In my experience, the answer to your question is 'it depends'. Hopefully yours is a 1500. Some on this board have been waiting 6 to 8 months for 2500 and 3500 models. May your wait be short!
The other way around for me. I ordered a 1500 the first week of July last year, it was finished by mid-August and by Dec 1st it was still sitting in Mexico. So I cancelled the order. Man, were they upset, but nothing they could do. Five months is too long to wait. So, after the first of the year I ordered a 2500, then the 1500 arrived and they still tried to get me to buy that. Nope, I'm waiting on a bigger truck now. And don't drag your feet, or I'm gone with the wind. I don't know what they did with the 1500, but my 2500 was at the dealership by mid-March.

Last edited:

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I ordered a 1500 the first week of July last year, it was finished by mid-August and by Dec 1st it was still sitting in Mexico.
Only the Classic version of the 1500 is built in Mexico, the Gen5 DT body trucks are built at SHAP which is what the OP ordered.
I've been regularly seeing Ram trucks leaving on semi trailers from the factory holding lots. Haven't heard of any hold ups but there maybe this fall as I think the union contract will be up.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Only the Classic version of the 1500 is built in Mexico, the Gen5 DT body trucks are built at SHAP which is what the OP ordered.
I've been regularly seeing Ram trucks leaving on semi trailers from the factory holding lots. Haven't heard of any hold ups but there maybe this fall as I think the union contract will be up.
In all honesty, I can't recall if it was the 1500 Classic or the Tradesman. It was a 2022 model.