B&W Tow & Stow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have to ride with it low when not in use so the bumper sensors don’t go off.
I’m not sure if the OP would have that problem or not because in case I missed it somewhere, I don’t recall him specifying whether he has a 4th Gen body-style PW or a 5th-Gen body-style.

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have to ride with it low when not in use so the bumper sensors don’t go off.
We’re you being sarcastic? If so, funny! If not, did you know that the ball rolls around to the inside so it’s out of the way?

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
We’re you being sarcastic? If so, funny! If not, did you know that the ball rolls around to the inside so it’s out of the way?
That's how I keep mine. It's one of the key features of the design. Hence "Stow".
20220113_120611.jpg
2000000001.jpg

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
I always have a hitch on to protect myself from small rear impacts. I also use the ball as a step. I bought this one because it can’t be stolen very easily. You have to remove it from the hitch to take the mechanism completely apart even when the pins are pulled.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
I always have a hitch on to protect myself from small rear impacts. I also use the ball as a step. I bought this one because it can’t be stolen very easily. You have to remove it from the hitch to take the mechanism completely apart even when the pins are pulled.

I always remove the ball mount when not in use. Magnesium Chloride and gravel with salt can be used on our Interstate between September 1st and May 31st, not to overlook normal rain, fog, and snow. A painted shank and the adapter will rust together inside the receiver hitch. Once these items have been used to tow a trailer there's usually plenty of bare metal exposed from the force of the trailer's tongue weight to wear the paint off of the receiver hitch, shank, and adapter. At least leaving the receiver hitch open allows moisture to drain and dry. Otherwise, use a heavy hammer to remove once they're rusted together.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
I always remove the ball mount when not in use. Magnesium Chloride and gravel with salt can be used on our Interstate between September 1st and May 31st, not to overlook normal rain, fog, and snow. A painted shank and the adapter will rust together inside the receiver hitch. Once these items have been used to tow a trailer there's usually plenty of bare metal exposed from the force of the trailer's tongue weight to wear the paint off of the receiver hitch, shank, and adapter. At least leaving the receiver hitch open allows moisture to drain and dry. Otherwise, use a heavy hammer to remove once they're rusted together.
I remember that being such a bummer when I lived up in Colorado. Now I no don’t worry about that as I am not close to the coast or do I ever see snow like you do. I put a stainless steel receiver on my jeep when I lived up there. I do take it off when I do serious off roading, as it will hang up on everything.