Backup Camera Wanted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the_ksphoto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I recently bought my first Ram 1500 (2015) (and royally pissed off my hubby LOL - he's not a truck fan and I have wanted it for my entire life!) However, to stay within budget b/c we weren't planning on my Nissan Murano tranny ******** the bed this year forcing me to get a new-to-me vehicle ASAP in August, this was a lower model than I wanted missing some bells and whistles such as a backup camera. Let's just say my backing up game is meh, and getting used to seeing where my back end is with the tow mirrors is super weird to me, I want to install a backup camera either right into the truck or one of the rearview mirror ones. Does anyone in Calgary, AB or Canada have recommendations for me for an installed one or a rearview mirror one? Thanks for advice

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
there's tons of cameras out there at all price ranges.

I'll probably get killed for saying this, but check out Temu. I bought a cheap $8.00 1080p dash cam from them and it's worked perfectly, but, i gave it away and broke down and bought a RedTiger cam. Theuy do have just rear cameras as well.

If you're going to get a back camera, might as well get a front and back

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Momento M7..after a road rage incident last April with a logging truck in BC..got he front & rear unit. Best thing ever as in late July got rear ended by a Police Car ( Animal Control officer ) gal was searching for an address and did not notice the big Red truck stopped at a traffic light..me..Definitely get the front and back..absolutely no issues with insurance when you have it on video!