Bad Shaking while breaking from 30 mph or lower

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Imahich

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So here this is a problem and i'm hoping it's just my tires....

So i put on brand new upper and lower ball joints and brand new rear rotors the front are fine my rear were warped and i still get shaking...

My tires are 37 inch Mickey Thompson Baja claw (in my picture) the tread on the front tires are weird they dip in and curve up they are un even and i just had this aligned a few months ago and the tires werent this bad... are these just how the tires form up front? I put these tires on 2 or 3 thousand miles ago. I go off roading a little nothing crazy i went in 5 or 6 inch deep mud nothing too crazy and mostly ride on the roads and do hauling for the amish for construction and horses.

If you need anymore info to help me just ask i'm hoping it's just my tires and don't have to do nothing major.

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Here are some potential causes for abnormal tire wear :

- Worn struts or shock absorbers can cause tires to bounce while driving, creating dishing in the tread.
- Worn out or loose wheel bearings can cause the tire to lean, since the bearings are what keeps the wheel assembly in position on the vehicle's spindle.
- Worn or damaged tie-rod ends, ball joints, upper and lower control arm bushings (or kingpins, depending on the vehicle), and other steering components.
- A worn or damaged steering gear box or pit man arm.
- Poor driving habits like hard cornering, braking, or swerving can also cause tire damage or unusual wear over the life of a set of tires.

Do you have a full lock on the front diff? If so it could explain some of the uneven wear pattern forming up. If your alignment/tire shop says everything is good from an alignment and steering perpsective, then whatever remains, even if unprobable, is likely the cause of the problem.

Hope this helps

OP
OP
Imahich

Imahich

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow thank you for the time to post that whole list.

I put new upper and lower ball joints so now ill get some new shocks because i noticed they are a little bad. and for the tie rods how can i tell if they are bad?