BakFlip Fibermax 2016 RAM 2500 LB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tuckerdog1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Want to post a review of my purchase of the BakFlip Fibermax. Need to break it into 3 parts. 1- the place I bought it, 2- The maker ( BAK ) & 3- the item itself.

1- Once I decided what to get, I began the search for best price. Seemed like after checking about 1/2 dozen places, they all had the same price. Seemed like the fix was in. Then by pure chance, I hit on Tonneau Factory Outlet. It was after business hours, but the chat box popped up & Morrie was there ready to talk. This guy is fantastic. Old time customer service kind of person. I had a couple questions, which is quickly answered. He knows the product. When I told him I was just in the shopping around stage, he quoted me a price that was so good, I thought something was fishy. It was more than $100 less than the other places. I wanted to check his online reviews for possible complaints. Nothing but 5 stars. So I went back to website, Morrie still working the chat after hours. Placed my order. Order arrived sooner than promised. After install, there was an issue ( explained below ). Contacted Morrie, and he took care of it.
5 STARS for Morrie & Tonneau Factory Outlet.

2- BAK Industries. As mentioned above, there was an issue after the install. This required some help from BAK. No muss, no fuss, no BS. They sent me a new cover right away.
5 STARS for BAK

3- The cover itself. I chose this cover for the flush fit. I think it looks good. I also wanted the option to use the stake holes if I wanted later. The fit is excellent. There are however two issues. One has occurred on both the 1st cover & now on the replacement cover. On the 1st cover, the rubber strip that just tops the tailgate, began to separate from the cover. I did not try to fix this ( or complain about it ), because I knew a replacement cover was on the way. Now the new cover has the rubber strip on the cab end doing the same thing. I have made a repair using a silicone glue. It seems to be holding. The issue that caused a 2nd cover to be sent has to do with when the cover is folded up completely & resting against the cab of the truck. It could not be made to press firmly against the cab. So if I was moving down the road at speed, it would move away from the cab 2 to 3 inches. Then when coming to a stop, would fall forward against the cab. The replacement cover has the same problem, but not quite as bad. Maybe a 1 inch play. I don't see myself using the cover in this position much, if ever, anyway, so I will live with it. This may not be an issue with the short bed trucks ( I have the 8' bed ). I'm convinced the support rods that hold the cover upright against the cab, are about 4 or 5 inches too short. That extra length would allow the folded cover to be pushed firmly up against the cab.
4 STARS for the BAKFlip Fibermax.

Tuckerdof1

Attachments

• P1000770.jpg
    P1000770.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 98
  • P1000768.jpg
    P1000768.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 94
  • P1000769.jpg
    P1000769.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 108