ballpark stats?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmoore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Had the 07 Quad Cab 4x4 Hemi for about 2-3 months now - runnin great. For whatever reason (cooler weather/no AC?) the road mileage has improved from 16 up to 18:) Town still stays at 10.

There are no drag strips in this area - so I've yet to run any stats on her. So - was wondering the following???? (3.92 rear)
1) What would be a ballpark 0-60 time running street tires?
2) What about a 1/4 mile? (time/speed?)
3) What's the top end? limited by what - electronics or drag/hp?

Any & all info greatly appreciated!

Oh yeh - when I do get to a strip to play, to save time, gas, and rubber - what would be a good rmp for brake-torque launch????

TIA

newbie john

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had the 07 Quad Cab 4x4 Hemi for about 2-3 months now - runnin great. For whatever reason (cooler weather/no AC?) the road mileage has improved from 16 up to 18:) Town still stays at 10.

There are no drag strips in this area - so I've yet to run any stats on her. So - was wondering the following???? (3.92 rear)

Oh yeh - when I do get to a strip to play, to save time, gas, and rubber - what would be a good rmp for brake-torque launch????

TIA

newbie john

I believe that 0-60 would probably be somewhere around 7 and 1/4 would be somewhere in the mid 15's.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh, I forgot your third question. Top speed is electronically limited around 107 stock.

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
According to car and driver, when they did an 07 truck comparison, here is what the stock 07 1500 qc 4x4 sport ran:

0-30: 2.8
0-60: 7.9
0-100: 25.3
1/4: 16.2 @ 86
top speed: 108 (governed)

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine

TIA

newbie john

1 - 0-60 would be mid 7's +/-
2 - 1/4 would be in the mid to high 16's @ around 83-88mph
3 - Top speed is governed by the computer @ around 106mph (get a tuner to remove that)
4 - Dont brake tq it on launch, just hit it off the line (dont mash the throttle, maybe give it 1/2-3/4 throttle) and it will flash to the stock stall and go. If you have the stock crapyears expect to spin spin. It'll take a couple launches to get it down. Dont do a burnout on street tires, if you do only do a light one and not a smoke show. Put tow/haul on, remove the tailgate and spare and have fun and be safe. dont want to hear the next post being "I went sideways and crashed into the car/wall next to me"

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4 - Dont brake tq it on launch, just hit it off the line (dont mash the throttle, maybe give it 1/2-3/4 throttle) and it will flash to the stock stall and go. If you have the stock crapyears expect to spin spin. It'll take a couple launches to get it down. Dont do a burnout on street tires, if you do only do a light one and not a smoke show. Put tow/haul on, remove the tailgate and spare and have fun and be safe. dont want to hear the next post being "I went sideways and crashed into the car/wall next to me"

Hey truckin, have you noticed any change necessary in launch method as you have added more mods? I ask because I used to get my best times stalling it up to like 1800 and then launching but as I have added more mods I have found that this no longer works. Now I get my best times by just stomping it (in 4wd).

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You should get a tuner and then you can datalog 0-60, 1/8th and 1/4. Or if you have an iPhone you can get dynolicious. It is an app and gives you all of those stats.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Hey truckin, have you noticed any change necessary in launch method as you have added more mods? I ask because I used to get my best times stalling it up to like 1800 and then launching but as I have added more mods I have found that this no longer works. Now I get my best times by just stomping it (in 4wd).

I can't stall it or it spins on launch (with street tires that is, don't know about slicks/dr's yet). Basically the only real change i've made is how much I hit the throttle on launch. Stock I could hit it hard and chirp the tires but that's it, if I do that now I go sideways so I end up giving it about half throttle til it hooks then go to about 3/4 throttle then open it up to WOT.

OP
OP
J

jmoore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
dinosaur.......

You should get a tuner and then you can datalog 0-60, 1/8th and 1/4. Or if you have an iPhone you can get dynolicious. It is an app and gives you all of those stats.

Way too much tech for this old dog (I'm getting the idea I'm the only one here who is well into their 6th decade????:)

john

PS - rec'd something called a "text message" last year on my new cell phone (my 1st one was a "bag phone", btw:)! Only took me two days to figure out how to reply:)

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Way too much tech for this old dog (I'm getting the idea I'm the only one here who is well into their 6th decade????:)

john

PS - rec'd something called a "text message" last year on my new cell phone (my 1st one was a "bag phone", btw:)! Only took me two days to figure out how to reply:)

I think rocket might be in his 50's.

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

john

To each his own, but if you figured out how to get on this forum, you can use a programmer. All you do is plug it into the obdII port and follow the on screen instructions. Plus you can alway come here for help.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To each his own, but if you figured out how to get on this forum, you can use a programmer. All you do is plug it into the obdII port and follow the on screen instructions. Plus you can alway come here for help.

He makes a good point. The tuners are pretty simple. Plug it in, choose a few choices for your settings, and program.

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
He makes a good point. The tuners are pretty simple. Plug it in, choose a few choices for your settings, and program.

and like I said, you can alway come here for help. Most of us have or had a programmer, some of us have tried more than one. I know teach has a superchip cortex and used to have a diablosport predator. I have a diablosport trinity in my ram, and a superchips flashpaq 3865 in my wife durango and used to have a diablo sport predator. I know someone has an SCT, so you should be covered.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Between all of us on here we have probably tried every programmer, so there will always be someone to help out.

OP
OP
J

jmoore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Between all of us on here we have probably tried every programmer, so there will always be someone to help out.
I guess this begs the question....

"Why all of the 'trying' going on?" Sounds like some have been through more than one tuner??? Or - that there is no one tuner out there that both "does it all" and does it correctly???? Is it that the user is simply looking for more functions in their next tuner - functions the previous one didn't have. Orrrrrrr - is it that they weren't pleased with how the truck ran (my big fear:)

I love the way the truck runs now - hot, straight & normal. I'm paranoid that my truck will end up like my computer, i.e., every time I have some new doodad or thingamabob installed - first off, it NEVER installs the way it should, and then it screws things up and I end up paying more bucks for the techno-geeks to come fix it:):):)

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

john (the techno-peasant:)

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I guess this begs the question....

"Why all of the 'trying' going on?" Sounds like some have been through more than one tuner??? Or - that there is no one tuner out there that both "does it all" and does it correctly???? Is it that the user is simply looking for more functions in their next tuner - functions the previous one didn't have. Orrrrrrr - is it that they weren't pleased with how the truck ran (my big fear:)

I love the way the truck runs now - hot, straight & normal. I'm paranoid that my truck will end up like my computer, i.e., every time I have some new doodad or thingamabob installed - first off, it NEVER installs the way it should, and then it screws things up and I end up paying more bucks for the techno-geeks to come fix it:):):)

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

john (the techno-peasant:)

For me personally, I had always been a superchips user. Then when diablo released their tuner for the ram I wanted to try it. After trying it I realized that I was not willing to give up trans control which was bc diablo doesn't support the trans in 04 rams. So I went back to superchips and have been happy ever since.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
The tuners are very simple to install you will just have to pratice the key cycles so you dont go to far and try cranking it... thats a huge no no. Truckin had bout right info on the times.