Battery suggestions....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MN97SCB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Looks like the cold spell took out my battery. Of course it was -18 out... anyway, what battery have you had best luck with? Looking for brands, cold cranking amps.
2014 Ram 1500 Big Horn, 5.7 hemi.

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Always had good luck with Diehard. When I replaced the batteries in my wife's Town & Country and my truck (both are H7s) I ended up getting them from my store (I work for Walmart) so both have the Everstart AGM H7 Platinums. 4 year free replacement. No issues as of yet. Now that Diehard is back out on the market may go back to them if these die outside of warranty. Both are made by Johnson Controls if I remember correctly. DH may have changed when they changed ownership.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Went to my local Walmart and bought an everstart h8 for 170$. All my auto parts stores wanted 225$ or more for the h7. Walmart also offers 4 year free no questions asked replacement. By the way the everstart battery, duralast battery, die hard batteries, and a few others are made at the same facility.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So far so good on an Everstart (WalMart) AGM .. worked all summer 2019 in Phoenix and into my 2nd winter up North (Eastern WA) . 2.5 years isn't anything special for a car battery but it keeps working, doesn't leak anything like a wet cell and was priced really well for an AGM

Livinalittle

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport, 6 speed, 4x4, 3.92
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I just put a Motomaster Eliminator AGM Size 94R (H7/L4) 800 CCA. It's a bit soon to say but so far so good.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Enersys, Odyssey . I have had maybe 5 so far and never a problem

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
USA made batteries........

East Penn (Deka, Duracell, Roadrunner)
Odyssey
Northstar / X2

I made the change to AGM...prices have come down substantially from when they were first introduced to the public (they were developed for the military). More amps in cold, last longer, don't drain down as fast, more shock resistant.

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I brought my truck new in January 2015 and it’s had the same battery the whole time. However, the last three weeks or so it does seem sluggish on cold cranks so I’m guessing I’ll be opening the wallet for a new one soon. Doesn’t help much that I drive it 2.4 miles a day 4-5 days a week and maybe a 15-20 mile day once a week or every other week. This thread came up just in time for me to follow for suggestions.

REDE2GO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I brought my truck new in January 2015 and it’s had the same battery the whole time. However, the last three weeks or so it does seem sluggish on cold cranks so I’m guessing I’ll be opening the wallet for a new one soon. Doesn’t help much that I drive it 2.4 miles a day 4-5 days a week and maybe a 15-20 mile day once a week or every other week. This thread came up just in time for me to follow for suggestions.

Same as me, I bought my truck in March of 2015 and still on same battery. On Mon I thought my battery died but it was my key fob but I think it is time for a new battery.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lots of people up here use the Canada Proof batteries, just because of the 5 year no questions asked free replacement. and the new replacement also has a 5 year warrenty :)

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

Better get to it soon, I have a 2015 Ram 1500, and I noticed it was a bit sluggish on the crank. Put it off, and one day I went to the grocery store, and that was it, no crank when I came out.

Luckily, I got a jump and drove it home. I shouldn't have waited, and I am glad it didn't strand me somewhere worse.

Sucks for the wallet, but a necessary evil. Bought last April (where does the time go?) at local O'Reilly's. $154.95 for a 3-yr.

Last edited:

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Battery plus X2 is made by northstar and best warranty 5 years and not prorated if it dies at 4 years 360 days you get a new battery. Plus they are in stock

I'm going to get one of these batteries hopefully today or tomorrow. Looks like about the best warranty of any battery I've looked into for replacement.

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Better get to it soon, I have a 2015 Ram 1500, and I noticed it was a bit sluggish on the crank. Put it off, and one day I went to the grocery store, and that was it, no crank when I came out.

Luckily, I got a jump and drove it home. I shouldn't have waited, and I am glad it didn't strand me somewhere worse.

Sucks for the wallet, but a necessary evil. Bought last April (where does the time go?) at local O'Reilly's. $154.95 for a 3-yr.

yea I’m not trying to get stuck someone. I checked the meter on the cluster this morning and it’s showing 14 and over the middle line while driving. So maybe it’s ok for now? Not sure if the gage is reliable though.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yea I’m not trying to get stuck someone. I checked the meter on the cluster this morning and it’s showing 14 and over the middle line while driving. So maybe it’s ok for now? Not sure if the gage is reliable though.
well how accurate is your gas gauge when it says half? same people made both gauges :).

blrmkrl83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought a Walmart battery 4 years ago because that was the only place near me that had my battery in stock. I've gone 85,000 miles since then with no problems. It fired right up at -13 yesterday.

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Mine did the sluggish thing for a week or so, then the bottom dropped out.

The floating voltage was fine, just had no more ooomph for the starter.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Mine was 4 years old & I decided to go with AGM, was between Northstar X2 and Odyssey. Specs and pricing made me decide on Odyssey. From Autozone, best pricing at the time. Truck starts faster, drains less. So far so good.