Battery Tenders, which one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2ndLife

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter Cummings Turbo Diesel
My truck's batteries keep dying. I needed a new alternator which I have replaced. I still have random times when the battery goes dead. As a result, I want to get a battery tender and I am not sure what to get, with having 2 batteries. This was my husband's truck and he was the mechanic! He has since passed, so I am hoping you all can help. I was l Iooking at a BatteryTender Plus for 12v battery. Will this work?
Please let me know what you think.

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Sorry to hear of your loss, At a bit more expense AGM batteries will help with the draw you may be encountering, I live in extreme climate and AGM any brand works better and lasts longer. I'm wondering if you had someone look for a draw on those batteries, this can get expensive so if possible start with a friend that's very mechanically inclined. Your husband would have had some testers for 12v work and with all the super talent on this site I'm sure we could help you.

Welcome to RamForum

Wanted33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I have 2 Battery Tender brand maintainers. They work just fine. However, I suggest you stop by your local Autozone/Advance/NAPA parts store, and let them test the voltage. If the battery is to weak a maintainer won't help much. They are designed to top off you battery's power. They won't recharge a battery that is too weak to start your engine. If the battery is going dead because the truck isn't driven often a battery maintainer is your friend. Good luck, and my sympathy on the loss of your husband.

BTW, some of the local parts stores I mentioned will swap out the battery for you. If not your local WalMart auto will for sure. WalMart Ever Start batteries are as good as any at very reasonable prices. I've used them in the past, and never had a problem. Plus, WalMart's battery warranties aren't prorated like other brands are if you have a problem.

Last edited:

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
My truck's batteries keep dying. I needed a new alternator which I have replaced. I still have random times when the battery goes dead. As a result, I want to get a battery tender and I am not sure what to get, with having 2 batteries. This was my husband's truck and he was the mechanic! He has since passed, so I am hoping you all can help. I was l Iooking at a BatteryTender Plus for 12v battery. Will this work?
Please let me know what you think.
Welcome to RamForum, sorry for your loss. I use a NOCO Genius5 for all my vehicles, it charges, maintains and repairs all vehicular battery types. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W8KJH4...4F2266C083F675_afap_abs&ref_=aa_maas&tag=maas

It's not your cure, but it's a pretty good bandaid.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I use a NOCO Genius5 for all my vehicles,
I have the next one up the NOCO Genius 10 for the vehicles and power equipment batteries

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
NOCO under the hood for me in both my vehicles. Its also great in the winter as I plug them in as well as the block heater.

278451834_10160264256068552_6166506667932813726_n (1).jpg
PXL_20211212_160111718.jpg