Been a loooong time guys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badfish888

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 hemi express
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Figured I'd check in. Still have the 2012. Just rolled over 80k
So far I've had to replace the pass side manifold bolts. Sheared the back two at 70k. And just did the plugs. Trucks running great.
Only issue I'm having is my rear bumper is starting to get surface rust from all the rock chips. Thinking I might sand and repaint this winter as a garage project. Only other thing that has happened is now that I am stationed in the great state of VA I had to remove my cutout to pass inspection. Also Put on some new tires a few months ago Cooper Rtx's Love em so far.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome back! Glad to hear the truck is still goin' strong.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
sounds like your ram is holding up just fine. navy?

OP
OP
badfish888

badfish888

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 hemi express
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Nope. Coast guard. I was stationed in ketchikan AK. We drove out here last year. Took ferry from AK TO WA Drove All the way down to vegas, then diagonal across country to here

Truck is holding up awsome. No big issues other then manifold bolts. Other then that Normal maintenance items. She gets run hard and tows alot. Nothing huge But tow my boat 4-5 times a week.

Ive been running conventional oil since new new and have had no issues. I bore scoped the piston crowns And the cylinders from the bottom on my last oil and plug change. No abnormal wear. Cylinder walls look great And 0 sludge build up any where. Ive been considering going to synthetic But why change what works

The inly sythentic i run is my royal purple in the diffs

Last edited:

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm in va Beach as well. Good to see another on here in va Beach!