Below screen knobs/controls and TIPM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reno

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Over the last year the knobs and controls below my radio screen have been intermittent and are now gone completely. After some research I discovered the TIPM is the culprit (see below pics).

Going to clean it the best I can and see where that gets me but looks like a new one is in my future. What do y’all think? And where do y’all recommend I get a new one from?

Thanks!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4821.jpeg
    IMG_4821.jpeg
    48.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4820.jpeg
    IMG_4820.jpeg
    229.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4819.jpeg
    IMG_4819.jpeg
    228.4 KB · Views: 15

NETim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Looks like it's toast to me. Clean it with a plastics safe electronic cleaner spray. It may resurrect it. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

I couldn't tell you where the best place to get a TIPM would be though.

OP
OP
Reno

Reno

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yep! Just cleaned all the terminals and connections, reinstalled…no bueno.

Truck starts and everything works as it should except the controls circled in the picture above.

Will be searching for a new TIPM.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yep! Just cleaned all the terminals and connections, reinstalled…no bueno.

Truck starts and everything works as it should except the controls circled in the picture above.

Will be searching for a new TIPM.
How did you come to the conclusion it was the TIPM? I ask because another member has a similar issue...

OP
OP
Reno

Reno

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
How did you come to the conclusion it was the TIPM? I ask because another member has a similar issue...
Lots of googling lol. I’ll see if I can find the link but I stumbled upon a post where the OP had the exact issues I am having. His was resolved when he discovered the wires weren’t fully seated in the TIPM connector. When I investigated further on my own TIPM is when I discovered the corrosion.

Everyone else told me it was a dying battery which I ruled out pretty quickly.

Hopefully the new TIPM I ordered from tipmrebuilders.com is the solution! Really want my heated seats for winter!

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Lots of googling lol. I’ll see if I can find the link but I stumbled upon a post where the OP had the exact issues I am having. His was resolved when he discovered the wires weren’t fully seated in the TIPM connector. When I investigated further on my own TIPM is when I discovered the corrosion.

Everyone else told me it was a dying battery which I ruled out pretty quickly.

Hopefully the new TIPM I ordered from tipmrebuilders.com is the solution! Really want my heated seats for winter!
Good luck! Post up the results, become the number one Google Search!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357