Bench Seat/Non Center Console owners...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Anyone got a suggestion for a center console organizer that goes on the "hump" for the bench seat / non factory center console trucks? I see the Mopar tray, but it just looks like a small 4 inch tray in front of the seat. I was looking for something with a bit more to it. I see a Rubbermaid seat organizer which is about the right size, but made for seats not carpet, thinking it would probably just slide around - http://www.rubbermaid.com/en-US/shop-products/car-organization/front-seat-organizer

Looking for something along those lines though... that will say in place on the carpeted center hump.

Mylt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
buy it and try some of the industrial velcrow on the bottom. just stick a couple of pieces to the bottom of the tray and it should grip tie carpet enough to prevent it from sliding around.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Depending on your level of Redneckicity, I solved that years ago by threading about 8 triangular lead sinkers onto some 550 cord. Then I drilled the plastic console I found somewhere. tied one loop to each side, front to back so the weights hung down below the plastic.
on rhe sides of the hump. The weight plus them diggin' in held it rock solid (on the road). Easily removed for off road. Sorry, no pics. This was pre cell phone days. Hold my beer!

hdvespa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I made my own wooden cup holder and attached it to my weather tech floor liner. I miss the cup holder that were in my 2002 ram truck

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
Not sure if you are interested in something for the floor, but when I had my 2016 Tradesman, I bought the floor mini-console out of a wrecked power wagon and installed it. The screw holes in the console already match those present in the transmission hump in the floor.

I have a pic somewhere, I’ll look for it. It gives you 3 cup holders and a couple of storage compartments.

OP
OP
78Staff

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
This is what you are looking for...

If you are referring to the skinny tray next to the seat - that's the one I mentioned in the OP - really imo to small to be useful. I'm looking for something like the others have mentioned, a bit larger with more storage, like the 09-12 models had.

Now, if you are talking about the one on the right, yeah - I could be interested in that but can't find any info on it. Every pic I've seen of it only refers to the little skinny one.

OP
OP
78Staff

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Not sure if you are interested in something for the floor, but when I had my 2016 Tradesman, I bought the floor mini-console out of a wrecked power wagon and installed it. The screw holes in the console already match those present in the transmission hump in the floor.

I have a pic somewhere, I’ll look for it. It gives you 3 cup holders and a couple of storage compartments.

Yes please, when you get a chance... would like to see that one - thanks

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
This is the power wagon console, although it also comes in some other model trucks as well. The two storage trays are typically where the manual trans shifter would be and the transfer case shifter would be. Depending on your truck, you would have to either trim the console where it meets the dash, or get the correct dash closure piece. In my case, I just trimmed the console near the dash because replacing the dash closure piece meant I would lose the dash storage drawer that pulls out. This unit screws in where the little tray that someone posted earlier screws in. You’ll have the holes under the carpet already there.

IMG_1236.JPG

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
This is the power wagon console, although it also comes in some other model trucks as well. The two storage trays are typically where the manual trans shifter would be and the transfer case shifter would be. Depending on your truck, you would have to either trim the console where it meets the dash, or get the correct dash closure piece. In my case, I just trimmed the console near the dash because replacing the dash closure piece meant I would lose the dash storage drawer that pulls out. This unit screws in where the little tray that someone posted earlier screws in. You’ll have the holes under the carpet already there.

View attachment 138983

I don't suppose you've got the part # for that? I've got the little floor tray from the factory, but that looks much more useful.

-K

OP
OP
78Staff

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

View attachment 138983

excellent, thanks - I'll have to start looking for one.

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
Here is a capture of the part numbers from a Mopar parts site for a 2016. You’re not going to want to buy this new, it’s way overpriced. I found mine on eBay. Whatever storage tray is missing, you’ll probably have to buy new because they are harder to find used.

Edit- not sure why the pic doesn’t show up so here is a link instead. Scroll down past the full console to find this one.

https://www.mymoparparts.com/auto-p...4l-v8-gas-engine/body-cat/center-console-scat

IMG_1237.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: kad

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
Btw I found the pic of what I did in mine. I was not patient and cut off the part towards the dash, then put on some rubber u-trim. If your patient you can probably cut it to match the curve of the dash closure panel.

IMG_1060.JPG

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca