Best brake fluid to use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I have a very heavy foot and Ive been meaning to do it for awhile. Now that i have the kit to switch out fluid, I'll probably do it once a year.
Then at least as a performance thing it makes sense to go with the true performance brake fluids with wet boil 600f, however this will be a costly proposition. Especially when you see the dot 3 32 ounces on sale at the parts store, it's a gut punch over the higher end dot 4's. I would "think" you could safely get two years from your 600 boil temp dot 4's, but you know what to look for, if it gets funky earlier then time to change out. Dont run it dry with that bleeder, it is very easy dyi job unless you let the brake reservoir run dry. I have a bleeder, I still use the pedal pump coke/sprite bottle method, lol.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Nor cal spoils you, moderate temps and dry air, high end brake fluids seam to last forever. But in cold regions, humid regions, I'd bet those are flat necessary.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
actually a great idea and will likely pay for itself if you use high quality dot 4 and 5.1 stuff rick. Set your interval with moisture level that would be the way to do it.
I usually go by the tester for fluid changes Mike.I won't say it's the proper way to keep track of the fluid,it's just the way i do it,lol

I'm not sure this applies to all the cheap fluid testers,but i've got in the habit of removing the battery after each use on the one i have,as it seems to kill the battery even when not being used

Last edited:

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
You missed the spirit of what I alluded to about liability of fluid specs. WE know that the aftermarket fluid is the better of the fluids. The adversarial nature of we mere mortals against giant GM, FORD, CHRYSLER, et.al. do not have the resources to fight off "We are denying your warranty or any liability on our part due to you using a non-specified product". Perhaps that clairfies what I mean! :)

Nothing in the warranty mandates you use a specific brand, just that it meets the specs, which the fluid I posted does. Again, whatever helps you sleep at night but this isn't a thing.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat