Best drop in filter for 03 Hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sheerider93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey everyone I checked my air filter today to find out it was packed with debris so that can explain why I've been having performance and fuel consuption issues lately. Right now it is running a drop in FRAM paper filter that my dad left in before I bought it off him. Looking to get a good performance/reliable filter tomorrow after I get out of school and get paid. So I'm looking to spend about $50 at the most for a new drop in. I really like the idea of the AEM dry drop in but I've never really tried any filters. My dad gave me a clue however that he did have a K&N and it allowed a lot of dirt into this truck when he owned it and his 03 Ram 2500 V-10, I've also had a stock replacement K&N in my Yamaha Banshee quad and I was not impressed with it and it let dirt in and screwed up my intake. I know I won't get much performance as a CAI but I don't have the money for that and the stock airbox is very secure and protective as I've been in scary situations with this truck like severe floods and dust storms with the intake intact. Do these non paper element filters also give you a noticeable increase in throttle response? I've been disappointed a couple of times on the freeway when I had to stand on the pedal to speed up and it delayed very badly. Thanks