Best/easiest way to add an inch to the rear of 6" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Major Shart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
I have a 2011 2500 mega cab and a 6" Pro Comp lift. It sits perfectly level but I like a little rake. What is the best way to add an inch to the rear?

IMG_20160905_133728.jpg

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What does the kit use for the rear? Is there a block/spacer for the rear or a longer spring? Also did you get longer shocks for the rear. If there is a spacer used in the rear you might be able to find a taller one. I know many kits come with a 3 inch rear, which give your a leveled lifted look. There are companys that make a 5 inch.

OP
OP
Major Shart

Major Shart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
What does the kit use for the rear? Is there a block/spacer for the rear or a longer spring? Also did you get longer shocks for the rear. If there is a spacer used in the rear you might be able to find a taller one. I know many kits come with a 3 inch rear, which give your a leveled lifted look. There are companys that make a 5 inch.

Blocks in the rear, yes it has Fox shocks all the way around. The way I see it I would need a one inch spacer (if that's possible/safe) or a 7" block to replace the 6" that's in there now.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
holy cow theres a 6 inch block back there! I would double check that, Im almost 100% certain its only a 3 inch block with the Procomp kit. I cant remember who makes them but someone has a 5 inch block for the rear.

OP
OP
Major Shart

Major Shart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
holy cow theres a 6 inch block back there! I would double check that, Im almost 100% certain its only a 3 inch block with the Procomp kit. I cant remember who makes them but someone has a 5 inch block for the rear.

hahah ok ok maybe I'm wrong and now your first reply makes much better sense to me. I didn't really know just figured since it was a 6" lift that the block was 6".

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Usually its 6 inch on the front 3-5 inch on the rear. So you just need to measure that block you have to confirm, then find a vendor for the height you want. Easy as pie, thats how.

OP
OP
Major Shart

Major Shart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
Usually its 6 inch on the front 3-5 inch on the rear. So you just need to measure that block you have to confirm, then find a vendor for the height you want. Easy as pie, thats how.

That makes sense since these trucks are already higher in the back than the front. Thanks

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Answer this on the other forum as well. But yes your truck should have a 3" block in it with the 6" ProComp kit so you could easily swap to a 4" block. Either BDS or Top Gun Customz would be a good place to grab them.

OP
OP
Major Shart

Major Shart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
Answer this on the other forum as well. But yes your truck should have a 3" block in it with the 6" ProComp kit so you could easily swap to a 4" block. Either BDS or Top Gun Customz would be a good place to grab them.
Good info thanks. I had a look under there and it looks like a 3" block with 3 sections of leaf springs adding up the rest. Is that normal?

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Good info thanks. I had a look under there and it looks like a 3" block with 3 sections of leaf springs adding up the rest. Is that normal?

Yup, the 3 steel spacers under the leaf are on there stock and attached to the leaf spring. The block sits underneath that and is simply held in with pins and the U-bolts.

OP
OP
Major Shart

Major Shart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
Yup, the 3 steel spacers under the leaf are on there stock and attached to the leaf spring. The block sits underneath that and is simply held in with pins and the U-bolts.

Ok cool because when I looked under there I thought it looked a little pieced together lol.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh yeah that year still have leaf springs! Find a bigger block, make sure its angled to keep the pinion right.

OP
OP
Major Shart

Major Shart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
Oh yeah that year still have leaf springs! Find a bigger block, make sure its angled to keep the pinion right.
Yep good old leafs. My "14 has the coils all the way around and I can't tell much of a difference. Just emailed Top Gun Customz to see about their 4" bock.

OP
OP
Major Shart

Major Shart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
As an update I think I'll add Thuren's shackles and be done.