Best Mods for Under $100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

W4RL0CK

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh so when you select red aluminum its the screws that are red then?

Thats pretty cool a bit pricey im in cad dangit.
Yes on screws being red on AJT knob

nowukno

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
What size holder for what phone? I have a note 9 and note 10 but wasnt sure what one to order its been in my wishlist for a few weeks now lol.

I have an s10 and got the medium. Its maybe got an 1/8 inch room with my otterbox case. Just measure your phone with your current case if u plan on keeping that case and then match it up. I bought the wadestar from amazon and the small is 2 15/16 wide the medium is 3 5/16 wide and the large is 3 11/16 wide.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

Anonymous007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First 3 mods to the truck (theyre not here yet because i purchased online)

1- wind deflectors
2- short antenna (that long stock antenna is... well too long)
3- dee zee tailgate assist

All should be easy enough installs for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have an s10 and got the medium. Its maybe got an 1/8 inch room with my otterbox case. Just measure your phone with your current case if u plan on keeping that case and then match it up. I bought the wadestar from amazon and the small is 2 15/16 wide the medium is 3 5/16 wide and the large is 3 11/16 wide.
Thanks thats were i was going to buy mine from but im upgrading to the note 20 when it comes out so now not sure i may wait a bit ...

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I had to take mine off when I got my Undercover flex. Now it's like any "good Chevrolet rusting quietly"

Blue Mule
I have a hard trifold cover that sits on top of bed, was there enough clearance for that application? I am tired of realizing after I am down the road apiece that my ladder is sitting there wondering why I never take it anywhere.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I have a hard trifold cover that sits on top of bed, was there enough clearance for that application? I am tired of realizing after I am down the road apiece that my ladder is sitting there wondering why I never take it anywhere.
NO. The way the ladder sits on the tailgate its so close to the edge... like 1" from the edge. The ladder won't allow the trifold to close. Basically the thickness of the ladder will keep the cover from closing.
I traded my gen4 off for a 2020 and still have no need for the ladder.

Black 20 Ram

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
NO. The way the ladder sits on the tailgate its so close to the edge... like 1" from the edge. The ladder won't allow the trifold to close. Basically the thickness of the ladder will keep the cover from closing.
I traded my gen4 off for a 2020 and still have no need for the ladder.

Black 20 Ram
This is the one area Ram lags others, the step up to the bed.

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
This is the one area Ram lags others, the step up to the bed.
I agree the step in the bumper is cool but, I like the flip down step they had. Until people got stupid using it.
Then came the recall on them. IDK if it'll be back or not.
I hope the fold down step issue does get fixed but until then I just keep climbing up.
I refuse to drill any holes in this new truck!
That sure makes finding g cheap useful mods hard to come by.

Black 20 Ram

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I agree the step in the bumper is cool but, I like the flip down step they had. Until people got stupid using it.
Then came the recall on them. IDK if it'll be back or not.
I hope the fold down step issue does get fixed but until then I just keep climbing up.
I refuse to drill any holes in this new truck!
That sure makes finding g cheap useful mods hard to come by.

Black 20 Ram
What was the issue?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
What was the issue?

When folding it back up people where using their foot and getting injuries to their feet like broke toes and sorts cause its a real heavy spring that holds it up. Spring powered cam over type design.
I still like them over anything else. I want 2 for my 20 but gotta wait for the new design if any.
Those that do have the step when they go to the dealer for any type repairs or an oil change they take the steps off without saying anything to the customer. As its on recall.

Black 20 Ram

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
When folding it back up people where using their foot and getting injuries to their feet like broke toes and sorts cause its a real heavy spring that holds it up. Spring powered cam over type design.
I still like them over anything else. I want 2 for my 20 but gotta wait for the new design if any.
Those that do have the step when they go to the dealer for any type repairs or an oil change they take the steps off without saying anything to the customer. As its on recall.

Black 20 Ram
Yikes! I lucked out and found one on Craigslist (not OEM) for $80. They are very useful in getting up into the bed. I do think that they should be standard with how high beds are getting. This is what I have, it works great and installed very easy.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OWS4N22/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_XiFaFb8V6YKEX