Best Mods for Under $100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn Night Edition
Engine
V8
My DeeZee tailgate assist is arriving today. The first one got lost in the mail and had to order another. I had one on my old F-150...should be standard equipment.

Gregdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1A6E441-B861-42C5-B08E-C6C0F99BA069.jpeg
Installed these a couple weeks ago but didn’t really trust them so I bought different ones that I feel are stronger and blend in better.
88B55A1C-64AD-469F-B28C-5A04E255270C.jpeg
Erickson brand retractable tie downs. Same as the Bullring brand

Barney556180

Don't need no stinkin' mask...
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
As noted in an earlier post, DeeZee tailgate assist mountings are prone to rusting.

I just bought a 2014 Ram with rusty mountings still attached (but no hydraulic tube).

Bought a new kit and clear coated the silver brackets. Hope to avoid the rust...

Barney556180

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I really like my Wheelskins leather steering wheel cover. It hides the surface deterioration of the wheel, and has a nicer feel than the naked wheel.
f09abedd5015c024e6d46647eee31df1.jpg

They are a bit pricey; $60-70, but IMO well worth it. Bought mine years ago and it’s now on my third RAM. The company will sent a free lacing and needle kit to move the cover to a new vehicle (assuming same size wheel). Top quality and great customer service!
[emoji1303]

https://wheelskins.com/

Last edited:

Waterfowler41

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Great videos on your channel! I was hoping to get one of these for my 4th gen but read reviews on amazon that it won’t fit with dual exhaust.

I can’t comment on that but odd that it won’t fit with dual exhaust. Not much different between the 4th and 5th gen. Also a good portion of the 4ths came with dual exhaust missed market opportunity if Deezee didn’t accommodate those.

Waterfowler41

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I really like my Wheelskins leather steering wheel cover. It hides the surface deterioration of the wheel, and has a nicer feel than the naked wheel.

They are a bit pricey; $60-70, but IMO well worth it. Bought mine years ago and it’s now on my third RAM. The company will sent a free lacing and needle kit to move the cover to a new vehicle (assuming same size wheel). Top quality and great customer service!
[emoji1303]

I had one of these in my civic back in the day. Loved it. Once the steering wheels gets to a certain point, these are great covers for a new look.

BriamH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

[emoji1303]

Do the wheel skins go over the existing cover or do you remove it?

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
View attachment 222758
Installed these a couple weeks ago but didn’t really trust them so I bought different ones that I feel are stronger and blend in better.
View attachment 222759
Erickson brand retractable tie downs. Same as the Bullring brand
Got some use out of mine the other day when I ran out of box space and hillbillied up a rack across the bed.20200927_163935.jpg

Firetruck41

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 Mega Cab Hemi 5.7
Do the wheel skins go over the existing cover or do you remove it?
They go over the stock steering wheel. They are high quality. I have had them in 3 trucks. About 4-5 years each, on two of them, and they were in good shape when I sold the trucks.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I can’t comment on that but odd that it won’t fit with dual exhaust. Not much different between the 4th and 5th gen. Also a good portion of the 4ths came with dual exhaust missed market opportunity if Deezee didn’t accommodate those.

The retractable ones have two different models, one for single exhaust trucks and one for dual. There seems to be a bracket difference to the bumpers.

-K

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn Night Edition
Engine
V8
They are laced over the existing wheel. Gives a slightly fatter feel.

Here’s the vid:

Is it really that easy and clean looking? Sometimes those How-To videos are done by professionals and make things look way better than than most people will achieve.

Barney556180

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Is it really that easy and clean looking? Sometimes those How-To videos are done by professionals and make things look way better than than most people will achieve.

If you take your time, and pay attention to the spoke areas, you can have a clean fit and feel. Done right it resembles the old leather wrapped custom wheels.

Be careful to lace through the correct front and back holes, and keep the lacing TIGHT.

If things start to go wonky, unlace back and pick it up again. Once you get the lacing started, rotate the steering wheel so as to always be lacing in a comfortable position.

Figure on an hour or more. Take your time and you should be happy with the results.

Last edited:

Firetruck41

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 Mega Cab Hemi 5.7
If you take your time, and pay attention to the spoke areas, you can have a clean fit and feel. Mina resembles the old leather wrapped custom wheels.

Be careful to lace through the correct front and back holes, and keep the lacing TIGHT.

If things start to go wonky, unlace back and pick it up again. Once you get the lacing started, rotate the steering wheel so as to always be lacing in a comfortable position.

Figure on an hour or more. Take your time and you should be happy with the results.
Well said. Plan on an hour+. Pull TIGHT. I would say plan on doing about 1/4 of the wheel and re-asses if you need to restart and get it tighter. I've had to do that on two of my installs... It's not complicated, just takes a while. Very satisfying when you finish it up.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
We hauled a new mattress the other day and I couldn’t get at the bed hooks on one side. Really wished I had these then.
It is a well known fact that a healthy, 140 lb. man can hold down a King size mattress on his roof at freeway speeds with only his left arm. Providing he tied it long ways to the hood ornament. ;-)