Best Mods for Under $100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
Not sure if this counts as a mod, since it is almost 70° here. I had my RT Tires rebalanced and installed .3e2342c90e739c719c1b31e2cee9c0ab.jpg

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Got some new wheels. 500$ Installed for all 4 On clearance at custom offsets.

View attachment 125454

Mod under a $100? Lol

Mods: EGR matte black bug deflector, Westin R5 steps in black, rough county bull bar with 20” LED, custom made NW seat covers in real tree camo, husky liner mats, husky liner mud guards, undercover LUX tonneau cover, Tailgate assist, flowmaster super 40 with resonators, tinted 15% front, LED C shaped tail lights.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
New Math. 100.00 spent 5 times.

Ha ha ha ha ha. Sometimes stuff is more expensive in Canada so it’s hard to get under the $100 mark for me.

Mods: EGR matte black bug deflector, Westin R5 steps in black, rough county bull bar with 20” LED, custom made NW seat covers in real tree camo, husky liner mats, husky liner mud guards, undercover LUX tonneau cover, Tailgate assist, flowmaster super 40 with resonators, tinted 15% front, LED C shaped tail lights.

ChrisM101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Took a pic of the license plate lights. There isn’t a big enough selfie stick to take a pic of my reverse lights though lol

bd58ecda21b2555a4c17f04898a8505f.jpg

Park on flat ground, put parking brake on, make sure ac isnt on and engine idled down, throw it in Reverse and it aint going anywhere.. hop out and take a pic.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Park on flat ground, put parking brake on, make sure ac isnt on and engine idled down, throw it in Reverse and it aint going anywhere.. hop out and take a pic.

This sounds like a set up. But I will try LOL

Mods: EGR matte black bug deflector, Westin HDX drop steps, rough county bull bar with 20” LED, custom made NW seat covers in real tree camo, husky liner mats, husky liner mud guards, undercover LUX tonneau cover, Tailgate assist, flowmaster super 40 with resonators, tinted 15% front, LED C shaped tail lights.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Or just turn on ignition but don't start it and put it in Reverse. Safer

Can we do that with the dial shifter ?

Mods: EGR matte black bug deflector, Westin HDX drop steps, rough county bull bar with 20” LED, custom made NW seat covers in real tree camo, husky liner mats, husky liner mud guards, undercover LUX tonneau cover, Tailgate assist, flowmaster super 40 with resonators, tinted 15% front, LED C shaped tail lights.

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I would think so once the ignition is in the run position put your foot on the brake and shift to reverse.

jmh288

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 (2017 1500 KIA OCT 2017)
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can we do that with the dial shifter ?

I think that’s how I did it too. I know I used a ten pound dumbbell on the Pedal to see the brake lights.

Sent from my iX using my iThumbs via Tapatalk

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This sounds like a set up. But I will try LOL

L

I put it in reverse, hit parking brake HARD, tentatively closed the door and made sure all good then got nack enough for this shot of reverse lights....lol
Living dangerously20171218_061432.jpg

jmh288

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 (2017 1500 KIA OCT 2017)
Engine
Hemi 5.7
L

I put it in reverse, hit parking brake HARD, tentatively closed the door and made sure all good then got nack enough for this shot of reverse lights....lol
Living dangerouslyView attachment 125464

Looks good, nice and blinding. Sad thing is so many people still won’t see you backing up.

Sent from my iX using my iThumbs via Tapatalk

b-rock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know it’s boring but I got some license plate lights on amazon and some reverse bulbs. The license plate lights are good as they light up the plate with a white/blue light and it doesn’t glare into the camera when reversing. The reverse lights are decent. For the prices can’t go wrong [emoji106]

T10 w5w Car Led Bulb - Safego 168 194 501 Wedge LED Bulbs 2SMD 3030 Super Bright White For Car Interior Exterior Dome Map Door Courtesy License Plate Turn Signal Daytime Running Lights 2-year Warranty Pack of 2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071HSYZWR?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Sceptre U550CV-UMR 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD MEMC 120 LED UTV 3840 x 2160 - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0728DYR9H?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

So are the same lights used for both the backup and license plate lights? You only have a link to one light listed.

Also, do you feel the new back up lights are significantly brighter than the stock?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
So are the same lights used for both the backup and license plate lights? You only have a link to one light listed.

Also, do you feel the new back up lights are significantly brighter than the stock?

If you click on them they should bring up the corresponding product. The links looks the same but they aren’t. I just tried it and it worked. Do you guys not see the two links ? I know on my end I’ve been having issues with pics and links

b-rock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you click on them they should bring up the corresponding product. The links looks the same but they aren’t. I just tried it and it worked. Do you guys not see the two links ? I know on my end I’ve been having issues with pics and links

My bad, the text above second link said it is for an LCD TV. The link actually goes to the second set of LED lights.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
My bad, the text above second link said it is for an LCD TV. The link actually goes to the second set of LED lights.

That’s so weird. Not sure if it’s my phone, tapatalk or ramforum but I’ve been having issues on here for a bit now

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just installed one this weekend and your're right best $25 mod out there!
I second this. My 6 year old was outside while I was cutting the grass... looked away for a second and she walked over to the truck and was trying to open the tailgate... thing would have knocked her straight out. One of the better mods for sure.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk