Best Mods for Under $100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fergeson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Upper glove box
Red LED map and cargo lights
LED reverse and plate lights
Tail light covers
3rd brake light cover
Black antenna
Floor mats

Parts sitting on a table waiting to be installed.... footwell lights, under the hood light, door sill covers, steering wheel cover

On the to do list..black lug nuts, cabin air filter, front window tint, back seat mod, LED fog lights

Anyone know where to find the upper glove box? have a '13 express and really want to get rid of the empty little cubby above my glove box

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Anyone know where to find the upper glove box? have a '13 express and really want to get rid of the empty little cubby above my glove box
Moparonlineparts.com under parts and accessories.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Packerbkd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine
Does the Dee Zee Tailgate Assist help with only opening the tailgate? Or, does it also make lifting/closing it easier as well?

Not sure if anyone answered you so I will. I just installed this on my truck and love it. You lift up on the tailgate handle and let go. The assist gently lowers the tailgate. It does NOT assist with closing though. But, I really like this mod and recommend it.

9th

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does the Dee Zee Tailgate Assist help with only opening the tailgate? Or, does it also make lifting/closing it easier as well?
Not sure if anyone answered you so I will. I just installed this on my truck and love it. You lift up on the tailgate handle and let go. The assist gently lowers the tailgate. It does NOT assist with closing though. But, I really like this mod and recommend it.
Actually, answered already....
Opening only.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

GYSOT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What is the backseat mod?

Never mind saw the video, my real question then as I have a quad cab and told I could use crew seats in my rear just different bolt holes, while I am not using crew seats, but is there a way to move the base forward some so the back part isn't so straight and uncomfortable?

I thought about seeing if the front buckets would fit in the backseat instead of the bench however there would be zero leg room even if I could get it to fit.

Last edited:

JAlvarez10415

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Levels kit drop 2 inch from the back goes for $25 each so $50 to do the back

2016 Longhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just put one on last weekend. 15 minutes. Love it!

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Just painted my stock chrome exhaust tips black today. Used some sandpaper, Duplicator engine paint primer and semi gloss black paint. Don't remember the cost, but well under $100, will try to get some pics up in a thread soon....

mh3c

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
DZ Tailgate assist and Wadestar Blind spot mirror's
Since we are talking under $100.. I'll throw Wadestar's phone holder in the mix.

If my truck was stolen, those would be the first 3 aftermarket parts ordered for the replacement.

I second this phone holder. Ingenious.

chrisc60

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And...... GO!

So far I've debadged, added black badges, tinted my stock tails and 3rd brake light, and plastidipped my rear bumper. I have less than $100 in it and it's looking great. What are some of y'alls favorite mods for under $100?
Hi - I have recently gotten a lot better at "dipping", due to lots of trial and error, Patience and watching videos. The only things left are chrome bumpers, front and rear. I am still apprehensive about the bumpers. Any recommendations or a " cookbook" on your steps doing the number? Thanks, Chris

Sent from my 9020A using Tapatalk

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Bump - too god a thread to let go.

Come on, guys, let;s see some more great ideas.

big_red06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Bighorn
Engine
hemi 5.7
brightened up my engine cover a bit about 23 dollars in high temp primer paint and clear coat this was my first time doing anything like this and i don't think it came out to bad . just a little bit of advice to anyone thats thinking of doing this mod be very careful reinstalling the cover scratched it in two places when reinstalling it .the letters and numbers are vinyl decals i got on ebay getting that right with paint was beyond my skill set but i did match the paint well to the decals :naughty: f10a2097-5a17-4345-8bc2-7452ef2d473d.jpgIMG_0572.jpg

jonnyques

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi can you please share how you did this or what you bought? I've thought of just mounting single blue leds. This looks very nice

jonnyques

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree I have the 4 inch Auxbean floods on my rear bumper and think they are great got them on amazon less than 20 with prime like Daylight when i back up

Hi it looks like you mounted these on the end brackets of the trailer hitch. Since it's located up higher than the bumper, how did you drop down the lights?

Can you please share how you mounted these. Perhaps a pic? I've bought lights but I can't decide where and how to mount. What you did is what I want to do!
Thanks

PS I'm wiring mine to the reverse lights and a 12v wire I've pulled in from the battery that also powers other things. I've isolated the reverse circuit through a relay so the floods can be turned on without backfeeding the rev circuit. Looking at the plug that connects to the tail light, does anyone know what wire is the reverse power?

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Deleted my quote so marks link isnt posted twice.

Troll somewhere else mark.

Last edited: