Best Mods for Under $100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramstang17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Awesome thread have had my truck about a month and already did the tailgate assist, window tint, and shorty antenna.

dmt98239.dt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L
DZ Tailgate assist
IMG_0285.jpg

DZ Bed Mat

Saves your knees. May not be a big thing, to younger guys but us fat old farts like them.

IMG_0286.jpg

Stock Air Box Cold Air Intake Mod

cai04.jpg

RMI-25 Radiator Treatment

81sjpcy8T9L._SL1500_.jpg

Paint engine cover

01-t.jpg

OEM Door Cup Holders

They go inside your door panel for extra bottle holder location.

Door%20Cup%20Holder.jpg
Totally agree about the tailgate assist - just installed one on my 2013 ram 1500.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reeb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I screwed up with my tailgate assist. I followed directions but the threaded anchor went too far after 9-1/2 turns and now I can't get the lower anchor point threaded. Am I just screwed and need a new kit to try again? [emoji21]

Of all the things I've done to the truck(manifold studs, exhaust, spark plugs, diff fluids, headlights etc) this is the thing I screw up.....at least they are cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So I screwed up with my tailgate assist. I followed directions but the threaded anchor went too far after 9-1/2 turns and now I can't get the lower anchor point threaded. Am I just screwed and need a new kit to try again? [emoji21]

Of all the things I've done to the truck(manifold studs, exhaust, spark plugs, diff fluids, headlights etc) this is the thing I screw up.....at least they are cheap.

Can you PM me a picture of the peace you need? I may have a spare. I also believe that the company will send you one for free too.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Reeb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As soon as I get the truck back from it's Out of Province Inspection I can. I left the kit in the door.

But basically I need a longer threaded silver piece or new brass colored anchor to try again.

5ef489d35b589e747735572deb4605a2.jpg

barbosa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I did the same thing. Call DeeZee and they will send you the hardward kit only (everything but the strut itself). If you google I believe you might be able to salvage it though, if you didn't go way too far.

Reeb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did the same thing. Call DeeZee and they will send you the hardward kit only (everything but the strut itself). If you google I believe you might be able to salvage it though, if you didn't go way too far.

It barely won't catch a thread. I'll see what I can dig up thanks!

Skubasteve!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just put it back in there and keep wrenching on it, it'll catch eventually. You may have to keep adjusting the nut if i remember right. I thought I was going to have to drill mine out, but itll eventually catch and tighten up.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Upper glove box

Yours is the second post I've seen listing the upper glove box mod as an under $100 mode. I really want to add this to my truck, but the cheapest I've seen the parts to do it run about $230-$250. Where did you get them for under $100?

-K

Last edited:

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yours is the second post I've seen listing the upper glove box mode as an under $100 mode. I really want to add this to my truck, but the cheapest I've seen the parts to do it run about $230-$250. Where did you get them for under $100?

-K
eBay - Be patient they show up frequently.
Bought mine for $88 shipped. Used but flawless.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
As silly as it is, the tailgate assist I installed a few days ago might be my favorite mod I've ever done on any vehicle.

IMO almost as useful as the side steps. I find Rams awkward to get into without steps. The seat is high. I have a lot of buddies with trucks and it amazes me how little of them know the tailgate assist even exists. Of all the crap on my truck they compliment my tailgate assist ($30) ha ha

Gwerner74

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
IMO almost as useful as the side steps. I find Rams awkward to get into without steps. The seat is high. I have a lot of buddies with trucks and it amazes me how little of them know the tailgate assist even exists. Of all the crap on my truck they compliment my tailgate assist ($30) ha ha

Yep, my wife has never been impressed with anything I've put on any of my vehicles, no matter how big or small, but when she saw the tailgate assist work she immediately said "I WANT ONE!!!" for her Sport Trac (sadly they don't make one).

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks good! [emoji106]

Which color is it? Black? Plain or reflective?

Skubasteve!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks like mine, which is gloss black.

badfishy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Love this thread! I already did the tailgate lift, cabin filter and the cell phone holder. Amazing upgrades for the money!

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Love this thread! I already did the tailgate lift, cabin filter and the cell phone holder. Amazing upgrades for the money!

So out of curiosity I googled cabin air filter Ram 1500. The first video I clicked on was of someone cutting out the filter hole and installing a door.

So..... these trucks don't have a cabin air filter ???

badfishy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So out of curiosity I googled cabin air filter Ram 1500. The first video I clicked on was of someone cutting out the filter hole and installing a door.

So..... these trucks don't have a cabin air filter ???

Correctamundo!

I think mid 16 they started adding them. Mine is a 15 and needed the mod for the fresh cabin air.