Biggest tire with no lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LarryA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I have a 2017 Laramie - I replace the rims with 20 inch Black Rhino's with a zero offset. Can I go up to a 275/65 20 tire without rubbing? I believe the 275/65 20 is ~ 34 inches tall, so just a bit taller than stock 275/60 20 that came on the truck. Anybody running this size tire on a non lifted truck? Any issues?

Second question - if I can bump up a size, how do I reset the speedo to reflect the larger tires.

Thanks much!

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Second question - if I can bump up a size, how do I reset the speedo to reflect the larger tires.

If you've got an Android phone or tablet, get you the Jscan app Link - and also get a good quality OBD2 dongle like OBDLink if you don't already have one. Don't cheap out on the OBD2 dongle there are some under ten bucks but they aren't 100% compatible with apps like Jscan and going cheap gets real expensive if your generic thing makes a mistake. With Jscan and an OBDLink brand dongle it's foolproof and takes seconds to correct your speedometer & transmission behavior for the new tire size.