Bighorn bumper mounted light bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Has anyone ever mounted a 40-42" curved light bar in the area circled? I have a 42" curved bar that looks like it should fit as long as I make some custom brackets, which isn't a problem. I know people do it with the plastic bumpers, just haven't seen it done on the steel bumper. 800~2.jpg

CoreySinger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
I didn't want to cut the face of the metal bumper and wanted more than the DD lights like above.

I trimmed up some of the metal behind the bumper to get 3 pods in the tow hook holes.

Rigid hyperspots for long range rural night driving.

The Bajas blow the Rigids away tho. The Rigids blow away my old 40 inch china light bar.

20201025_204451.jpg

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I didn't want to cut the face of the metal bumper and wanted more than the DD lights like above.

I trimmed up some of the metal behind the bumper to get 3 pods in the tow hook holes.

The Bajas blow the Rigids away tho. The Rigids blow away my old 40 inch china light bar.

View attachment 230002
Looks B@D@$$

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
hunterdan

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi

View attachment 230002
Any pictures of your mounts?

CoreySinger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
:( I knew that would be requested. Sorry.

I had thought about going out to the garage and taking some pictures. I'd have to removed lights actually get a picture of the mounting. Do you know how hard it is to line three lights up evenly in that tight space. Lol

What I did was weld a piece of angle bracket that mounts my garage door opener to the roof. You know that galvanized crap with the holes spaced along it. Many mounting holes i figured should line up.

Took a fair bit of test fitting and more grinding away metal. I can still cut it out and put it all back to factory with the tow hooks. So not too bad.

I will see if I can grab a pic from behind the bumper. Gimme some time. The old back is knackered and the truck is lowered. It will take some effort. Lol

OP
OP
hunterdan

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
:( I knew that would be requested. Sorry.

I had thought about going out to the garage and taking some pictures. I'd have to removed lights actually get a picture of the mounting. Do you know how hard it is to line three lights up evenly in that tight space. Lol

What I did was weld a piece of angle bracket that mounts my garage door opener to the roof. You know that galvanized crap with the holes spaced along it. Many mounting holes i figured should line up.

Took a fair bit of test fitting and more grinding away metal. I can still cut it out and put it all back to factory with the tow hooks. So not too bad.

I will see if I can grab a pic from behind the bumper. Gimme some time. The old back is knackered and the truck is lowered. It will take some effort. Lol
No worries, I kind of have an idea of what you did. I'm torn between using a single large led bar, or 2 or multiple smaller led lights. I literally have a 42" bar sitting in my house, wired up to a relay. Only needs a positive, ground and a tap into the high beams to function. It's either that, or a bull bar with either a built in light, or tabs to mount lights to. Although, I've got some alternative ideas swirling around in my head revolving around the license plate holes....

CoreySinger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
20201019_172242.jpg 20201212_170206.jpg Here is the view of my light mounting from behind the front bumper.

Not plug and play. Cutting and welding involved. I never took the bumper off tho.

I realize this doesnt help you mount that light bar you already have. Just for anyone else. Ive never seen 3 pods in these holes before I did it. Just showing you can ram more light in there.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat