2019 bighorn sloppy steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMCW89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2019 ram bighorn noticed a couple weeks ago it started pulling to the left then 3 days ago I drove 100 mile trip noticed my steering wheel had some play in it that progressively got worse along with wandering, difficultly keeping truck going straight. Not sure if it’s related but I also notice a humming sound when going uphill and felt like the truck struggled to go uphill when it never did before. I’ve checked tie rods, sway bar, ball joints, wheel bearings, control arm and I can’t find anything that isn’t solid. Also checked rack and pinion for any movement with someone turning the wheel and came up with nothing. I’m at a loss for what to check for now. Anyone else ever had this problem or similar?

brian42

Military
Reaction score
Never had an issue with my 2019 Big Horn steering (86K miles).

If you don't see anything obvious I would take it to an alignment shop (or dealership if you have an ESP). I know that costs money but if you can't find anything wrong then you are paying either way - throwing parts at it or paying someone to find the problem.