Bike Rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paradeedle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have any of you built a custom bicycle rack for your truck?

I had a setup in my Silverado similar to the picture below but there is only a spot for a 2x6 near the tailgate and that definitely won't allow my bike to fit with the 5'7" bed.

Let's see yours!

2014_chevrolet_silverado-1500_det_lt_42914_600.jpg

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'll be figuring this out sometime soon. I was just going to lay my mount down in the bed and hope the bike held it in place.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yep, that's the idea I had. I've got a piece of plywood, about 3/8" thick, with my bike mounts on it. I had used it in my Land Rover, so the width isn't going to really work in the bed of the truck, but I was going to try it anyway. If it slides around too much, then I'll go grab a 2x4 and use that back there.

Currently, I use bolts with nuts on the underside of the board. But, with the truck, I might use some type of carriage bolt/screw or something, so I don't have to put a nut on the bottom side and end up scratching up the paint. I know, I know... it's a truck bed, put it to use. But, too many scratches will eventually lead to rust. At least until I get the bed lined.

Let me know how your idea works out. I may have to copy it. :D

SIhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I built something like this for my bikes. I don't have a pic of the one I built but it similar to this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 1,868

SPDKLZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Limited Mega Cab
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I just screwed my mount directly into the bed as far forward as possible. Did it this way in my Titan as well and never really had any issues. Only prob is not being able to remove it when I need the whole bed without unscrewing the mount.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just screwed my mount directly into the bed as far forward as possible. Did it this way in my Titan as well and never really had any issues. Only prob is not being able to remove it when I need the whole bed without unscrewing the mount.

I've seen them like this too. Also have see the mounts mounted directly to the top of the front bed rail/lip, right behind the window... if that makes sense. That way it is out of the way for using the bed, but still mounted solid. Now, I didn't see the bikes mounted, just the mounts themselves, so I don't know how high the bikes would stick up above the cab, if any.

S2K632

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
I built something like this for my bikes. I don't have a pic of the one I built but it similar to this.

Any more information on something like this? how does it attach tom the bed how is the bike secured?