Bilstein VS Eibach Leveling kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twistedmindz84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Bighorn 4x4, 3.92 gears, 6.4' bed
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/ eTorque
Hey all. New to the forums. Long time follower, first time posting. I know there are lots of threads about leveling kits and which brands are great/ok/crap, but I'd like some feedback on 2 specific brand's kits. I'll be doing a leveling kit (coilovers, coils, and shocks) and tires when I get back from deployment, but I can't seem to get a solid answer on the FB pages I'm a member of, so I figured I would come here and get your opinions since you all know a lot more than I do. lol.

So, Bilstein has 2 kits (5100 and 6112) and Eibach has their 2 Pro Truck leveling kits (Stage 2 and Stage 2R). All are comparably priced. So, my question is, which kit would you all recommend? I plan on doing some light trails, have a camper shell, and light to moderate towing a few times a year. I also plan on getting some new UCAs with the kit. I found a set of SkyJackers online that seem reasonably priced.

I plan on reaching out to Nick@GotExhaust to order the parts since everyone on here speaks highly of him and his company. ^_^

Attachments

• Bilstein 5100.png
    Bilstein 5100.png
    218.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Bilstein 6112.png
    Bilstein 6112.png
    159.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Eibach.png
    Eibach.png
    143.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Eibach 2.png
    Eibach 2.png
    135.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

KYPOTLICKER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Let me save you some time. Email Nick or speak with QuickShifter on this forum. Reputable /Knowledgeable individuals. I went 6112 up front from Nick set at ring 6, I was within 1 inch of level. Perfect, exactly what I wanted and what Nick/Quickshifter said it would be. Ride is more firm but not stiff or worse, better ride just improved. I also have just installed Fox performance series rear shocks from Nick. Better than stock but not as much improvement as I saw with the 6112's in the front. Very pleased overall

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Both are a nice upgrade over stock. Both will have very nice ride comfort on the road and will perform better off road. The 6112's will ride a little stiffer than the eibachs. I will give the Eibachs the slight edge with on road ride comfort. However the 6112's will perform off road a little better especially with their slightly larger shock bodies. So I will give the 6112's the slight edge there. Neither option is a bad option.

As for the Skyjacker UCA's, we havent had a single person ask for them so I do not have anything to report on them but if you want them we can offer those as well.

OP
OP
twistedmindz84

twistedmindz84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Bighorn 4x4, 3.92 gears, 6.4' bed
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/ eTorque
Both are a nice upgrade over stock. Both will have very nice ride comfort on the road and will perform better off road. The 6112's will ride a little stiffer than the eibachs. I will give the Eibachs the slight edge with on road ride comfort. However the 6112's will perform off road a little better especially with their slightly larger shock bodies. So I will give the 6112's the slight edge there. Neither option is a bad option.

As for the Skyjacker UCA's, we havent had a single person ask for them so I do not have anything to report on them but if you want them we can offer those as well.
Do you think the 6112's would be better for towing as well since they would be a bit stiffer? And what are some UCAs you would recommend? I just picked those because I cant afford to spend $800+ for a set of Icons and I keep seeing people on this forum saying to avoid RC products. Or, do you think I would be fine running the stock UCAs, since any of these kits would only give me around 2" of total lift up front?

KYPOTLICKER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can only provide insight from my experience
6112 up front, Fox shocks with the airlift 1000 bags in the rear. All in around $1200 total.
Towed quads with a heavy on a heavy all steel car trailer over the weekend. 15lbs in the bags and rode like a dream
No squat. Very happy. You can fine tune pressure in bags for best ride pending weights

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you think the 6112's would be better for towing as well since they would be a bit stiffer? And what are some UCAs you would recommend? I just picked those because I cant afford to spend $800+ for a set of Icons and I keep seeing people on this forum saying to avoid RC products. Or, do you think I would be fine running the stock UCAs, since any of these kits would only give me around 2" of total lift up front?

The real help for towing is the rear suspension. The front does aid it a bit but not nearly as important as the rear. The larger bodies of the 6112's and them being firmer overall does make them a little bit better suited for towing. If you plan to go over 2" of front lift/level I recommend UCA's. I would recommend the Zone UCA's. That is the most common option option here. They are angle correcting and much stronger than stock. They are a little more than the skyjackers but much cheaper than the icons.