Blend door actuator pass side left of glove box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stbear007

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 sport crew
Engine
I have been searching as to what the function of this blend door actuator is for on pass side behind glove box to the left almost against centre by radio? I've brought my truck in numerous times since new because of hvac heat mostly issues as it gets cold in canada lol. This actuator does nothing no matter what settings I give it from my radio screen with climate control. So I unscrewed it and manually moved it and when I have heat on floor I have no more hot air drying my eyes out from defrost. Dealership says they did an actuator blend door test and wanted $150 for the test as he is a Chrysler tech apparently. Wouldn't this be detected in the scan and test ? Now just to find this annoying thumping/banging on passenger side dash almost seems on top under dashboard when on any slight bumpy road which is most of them. Looks like a fun job trying to take dashpad off to view for anything. Anyways as always ty all for the questions to be asked and helped out greatly. Great group here.

Octane

Reaction score
I can turn my heat knob and see it change the door position .Mine has a white plastic piece that is connected to the blend door, that you can actually see the actuator move.

OP
OP
S

stbear007

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 sport crew
Engine
I can turn my heat knob and see it change the door position .Mine has a white plastic piece that is connected to the blend door, that you can actually see the actuator move.

Ya this one doesn't move at all. Juat wondering most because I have climate control on the radio to select. I tok off actuator and moved white switch manually and you can hear and certain areas feel the huge difference.

Octane

Reaction score
Ya this one doesn't move at all. Juat wondering most because I have climate control on the radio to select. I tok off actuator and moved white switch manually and you can hear and certain areas feel the huge difference.
The gear in those actuators break and every one Ive dealt with will make a knocking clicking noise.I replaced one in my Challenger

OP
OP
S

stbear007

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 sport crew
Engine
The gear in those actuators break and every one Ive dealt with will make a knocking clicking noise.I replaced one in my Challenger

Thanks this one has never ever worked since day 1 I got my truck. It is so hard to give up my truck to the dealer yet i did last month. 5 days they didn't even look at it yet. So I called told them I'm coming to pick it up and then only then they decided to look at it lol. Well they tried to charge me $150 for the hvac blend door actuator test. I pulled glove box and showed them the actuator in question. I went through all cycles and it never moved. When I it heat on floor it was mostly coming out defrost. Dealership tech said that's working normally???. Well after a few more days of not getting truck back till I paid for test and dealership even put a mechanic lean for repairs I got via FedEx at my front door 3 days later lmao. I went right to owner of dealership and showed him all my texts and voice calls emails to service rep. Which none of them I got a response from. Let's say owner wasn't happy and removed payment. I haven't even today him about my findings yet since I finally took it into my own hands. Well to say the least i just found part online for $17. I ordered it and will fix myself under warranty. I called another dealership and they said to bring it in but have to order parts and maybe 2 weeks with what's going on with covid. Plus the fact that they might try to charge me also a $150 test fee and part is $70 plus labor. Our dealerships are well known to charge for warranty work blaming wear and tear or other excuses. I live in a automotive town and these dealerships really try to take advantage of it. So I'll update when I receive new actuator and hopefully it's not the module. Than dealership it is unfortunately and hopefully before my warranty runs out in a few weeks. Thank you all for any help stil in this question and those who have already replied with info. Be safe