Blue Cummins Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SFD213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
When you think about how it covers a bit, youre inclined to say no and usually i dont like em. But these are actually pretty nice with the color match. Almost makes it seem like a different front end a bit. Where did you get them

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I think they look pretty good. Will look even better with the painted grill.

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
i actually like the eyebrows a lot from the profile but you need a new grille and headlights to tie in that mean ass front end imo

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I think the main reason it looks a little awkward on your truck is that chrome grill. Color match that ***** and I bet she looks badass.

OP
OP
Stangshcky12

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I think the main reason it looks a little awkward on your truck is that chrome grill. Color match that ***** and I bet she looks badass.

I keep thinking about taking them off, then I remember how much tape is holding them on
I keep thinking about painting the grille and then I remebpmber how badly my last attempt to paint a chrome grille went

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Idk man i think if you get the color match grill it will work well..ive seen significantly more grilles for your model truck vs. mine for sale on the internet

I really like the truck btw..i know i already said it but hehe *fapfapfap*
You need to post more ****..err..pics lol

Last edited:

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I keep thinking about taking them off, then I remember how much tape is holding them on
I keep thinking about painting the grille and then I remebpmber how badly my last attempt to paint a chrome grille went

Sand it down big time and use lots of clear. Biggest issue I've seen with front-end parts is rock chips. :doh2:

OP
OP
Stangshcky12

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Sand it down big time and use lots of clear. Biggest issue I've seen with front-end parts is rock chips. :doh2:

Lol sand it down and paint it they said

The last chrome grille I sanded the hell out of it and could never get the paint to stick
I even used a wire wheel on it
I tried different primers, even adhesion promoter and it was nothi but trouble

Looks like a new paintable grille is $67 shipped so its not even worth the time IMO

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Where did you find that? My trucks newer but i could still only find 1 black paintable grille online for 370 bucks!

OP
OP
Stangshcky12

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I got to looking around after reading your thread last night
You might have to search for a 2912 grille but it looks like you can get one for $150-$175
Replace® - Grille

As for more pictures I can work on it
This truck really doesn't do anything for me, yet
I think with a few odds and ends and a set of wheels and tires that fit a little better it'll finally be what I'm looking for

Last edited:

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Unfortunately the grille housing changed in 2013 and after reading about the headaches that go along with modifying it, it would be worth it to wait and find a black one

OP
OP
Stangshcky12

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Hm, thought that was only in 1500s
Sorry to hear, hopefully there's a replacement out soon

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
The only change they made was the clips on the bottom..im just not messin with it

Cummins Powered

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 2500 4x4 3.73 gears,1994 Ram 2500 4x4 12 valve modified, Industrial Injection #5 fuel plate
Engine
6.7 Cummins, 5.9 Cummins
I really like the look of the single cab, you don't see very many single cab 3rd gen 5.9 Cummins. Once you start adding some performance parts you should be getting some descent mileage, being single cab lighter in weight versus quad cab. The steering brace stabilizer with trac-bar will make a difference in the driveability of the truck, any brand will do I have the BD Diesel steering brace, with the BD Diesel adjustable trac-bar good up to 4 inches of lift. I changed my OLD style Y steering linkage system to the upgraded Mopar factory steering system retrofit, includes tie rod, drag link, OE steering stabilizer clamp, with updated Pitman arm. You can get that part from Mopar, I obtained mine through KORE. The 03 to early O8 models have the OLD style steering linkage system, which is a very poor and weak design. You will notice and feel the difference the truck drives, with less wear on the tires. I guess I'm old school I like the chrome look, don't get me wrong the color match front bumper, rear bumper, and grill, gives the truck a very mean, aggressive look. But after awhile rock chips, bugs, and other debris will sctatch the hell out of it. I'm considering the Linex color matched body armour which is their highest premium, fade and peeling resident. I've seen personally a few trucks with the rear and front bumper, along with the grill done and looked sharp. This is just a few words thrown out there, I know it takes time, and money to build these trucks. Good luck with your build!

OP
OP
Stangshcky12

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Stopped for a picture this afternoon
I'm pretty happy with the TGC springs, even with stock shocks the truck rode great on the back roads I was on. Was doing 25-30 mph comfortably on the same roads the shook the hell out of the grey truck (15-20 mph)
e98dac1014c2cb59537dfb65c1221d92.jpg

Steering brace is at the top of my list right now as Ive replaced the steering box twice already
was actually just looking at the 4th gen upgraded steering today too

Not much happenin till I find another job though haha

Last edited:

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Never driven a 3rd gen hd truck but the 2014s are very solid steering wise imho has best handling in heavy duty segment more truck like than chevy more smooth than ford..good stuff but do you think the lift springs have anything to do with ruining the steering box? Im looking into a similar set up and dont want to buy drop arms and such...

Same here though man waiting till i can rub enough pennies together haha!

Cummins Powered

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 2500 4x4 3.73 gears,1994 Ram 2500 4x4 12 valve modified, Industrial Injection #5 fuel plate
Engine
6.7 Cummins, 5.9 Cummins
The issue is mainly on the older trucks, it occurs when a lift and 35 inch tires or bigger is when DEATH WOBBLE is the problem. You will really notice the issue once those 35's are on your truck. When I first obtained my truck, I installed a Rough Country 2.5 inch leveling kit and upgraded the shocks to the Bilstein, with stock tires. The drive was not that bad, somewhat rough but still under control. Then when I installed the Nitto 35 x 12.50, on 17 stock rims, I was going all over the road, no control what so ever. I would hit a pot hole on the road would merge to the right,I would had to put both hands on the steering wheel for control. So I odered from 4- Wheel parts a BD Diesel steering brace stabalizer, BD Diesel adjustable trac-bar, Tough Country adjustable sway bar end links, and a Pro Comp dual steering stabalizer with Bilstein shocks. I installed all on a Saturday, after I was finished a front end alignment, test drove and the ride was more enjoyable, and more control over the wheel when driving. The ride was very good, but still harsh over bumps, and pot holes. So I upgraded to the Kore VR Diesel coils, Kore bump stops, Kore progressive mini leaf packs for the rear,KORE billet drop blocks,zinc replacement U-bolts, upgraded to the Mopar factory steering linkage, Max link sway bar end links for the rear, and Fox 2.0 shocks for the front and rear. The ride was very, very enjoyable, I could control the steering wheel with my index finger, dove more smoothly than a half ton truck. I eventually upgraded my upper and lower control arms as well.

RYAN66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Nice truck man! Good info here about beefing up the steering as well. Has been a downhill battle for me since the day I bought bigger tires, only going to get worse as well.