Blue Tradesman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dngrsone

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6l
I just bought this 2018 Ram 1500 Tradesman with the 3.6l engine, only 8,700 miles on it. Dirt cheap, actually, Early birthday present for my wife (her old truck dying in the driveway may have been a motivator as well..)

I needed something that would tow a large popup and actually, we are supposed to go camping next weekend, so I have a receiver coming this week.

So, the reason the truck was as cheap as it was, I think, is due to the fact that the previous owner chopped off the muffler and installed a resonator.

Obviously, I can't go to the dealer and replace the missing exhaust system under warranty... so I am looking for information on getting a decent exhaust system that won't break the bank. AS it is, it will take me a while to save up for this.

I'm not looking to make noise-- got too much of that already. I'm looking for performance, mileage and relative quiet.

UnsatFC

Active duty NAVY
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Being that it’s a tradesman is it a single swept side exhaust?

OP
OP
Dngrsone

Dngrsone

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6l
Currently, the exhaust ends in the middle under the truck bed... obviously I am not happy about that, either.

The rear bumper has cutouts on both sides, but I am unfamiliar with these trucks and don't know which routing will or won't work.

I am supposed to be getting a call from the dealership tomorrow because the sales guy ripped off the license plate lighting and they are going to replace it. Should I just ask them for an estimate on replacing the missing equipment?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
welcome

OP
OP
Dngrsone

Dngrsone

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6l
Thank you all for the welcome. I am dropping if off at the dealership next week so the license plate lighting can be fixed and a tailgate recall performed. I'll ask for an estimate for repairing the exhaust then.

20190527_175610.jpg

Today I put a receiver on, so we can go camping this weekend.