Boost hungry !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
As I start my project of swapping transmission over to an stick,a user brought up that the new trans Nv4500 can handle more power. now that has me toying around with ideas to gain more power, I'm thinking boost,Has an one Attempted an twin Turbo 5.7Hemi, if so dose anyone have dyno specs. Now I know I'm gonna have to swap the internals to be forgerd to handle the boost, and while the motors apart I might aswell have an bigger Camshaft like an procomp278.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Word of wisdom... get the trans sorted out first, then do the engine. The last thing you want to be doing (and issues I went through myself) was having too many things causing potential issues and not knowing for sure what's causing them. Biggest mistake I made with my build was doing a new block, blower, suspension, and fuel system all at once just 'because I was already in there'

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm sure the rear end, driveshaft, half shaft, and the suspension will need to be rebuilt or swapped out as well as the transmission. BIG MONEY!

chefred112

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 QC 2wd
Engine
392 Hemi
for cam, get a custom grind..not an off the shelf one...

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think I would want a t56 if I was gonna be bangin gears in a boosted ram,don't waste your time with the nv