Brake Controller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PippinAin'tEasy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
OK. Everybody blast Erica. Wait, that came out wrong. Dang, so did that. Let's just message her. There. Sorry, Erica.

"Oh, sweet debt. Thy name is Truck."

Cpylot

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
Subscribed !
Now that an FCA rep is on here, I imagine a safety issue like this will be a top priority.
Can't wait to hear if;

1. The 2015 low voltage is addressed.
2. Whether or not the 2016s have this issue... hope not so I can get on with ordering my new one :)

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
"operating as designed"

'functioning normally"

"operating as intended" etc. etc. etc

nasaland

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
"operating as designed"

'functioning normally"

"operating as intended" etc. etc. etc

I don't think CC Rider's post was directed at 'her'. She just passes along the info to the brand team.

He was just joking about typical answers we've had in the past.

Speaking of being a...

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
A ****? Wow! That was intended to be funny, not serious/offensive. Of course, we'll give her a chance. We have no choice. Just speaking from experience. Ive had my truck for almost a year now. Been to the dealer a few times for this issue , filed with nhtsa, (as others have), etc. Im just not getting my hopes up is all im saying. From the "small" amount of people that are having this issue, and no related accidents YET.........

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Exactly :)

I don't think CC Rider's post was directed at 'her'. She just passes along the info to the brand team.

He was just joking about typical answers we've had in the past.

Speaking of being a...

Last edited:

PippinAin'tEasy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've seen ***** and I'm not so sure that CC was... I mean, not literally seen. ****. Never mind. I just can't seem to get it together this week.

"Oh, sweet debt. Thy name is Truck."

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Cool it guys, this thread has done really well at rallying all of us together with the ITBM issue and we finally got to a point where we have a chance at a solution.

Besides, until anyone can top the dealer responsive I got, well, a blower motor, really!

wo_zpszosmxhbc.jpg

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I hope you have better luck than I getting some ones attention to this issue, crossing my fingers.

Our team is requesting the VIN of one of the vehicles that is experiencing this concern. Would you be willing to PM me your VIN so I can pass it along to them?

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
We have confirmed with Ram Truck Engineering. Their response was that the system uses pulse width modulation and cannot be measured with a voltmeter. Engineering advises that you please seek dealer consultation if you have a concern.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
We have confirmed with Ram Truck Engineering. Their response was that the system uses pulse width modulation and cannot be measured with a voltmeter. Engineering advises that you please seek dealer consultation if you have a concern.
Well, I take back every bit of what was said earlier. This can be broken down to it's simplest form, if you have a big camper these trucks will not stop it. You don't need to measure volts or amps or anything, you can hook up a camper to a truck and if the factory brake controller doesn't stop the rig and an aftermarket one does you guys f'ed up.
Your answer was no better than the one you get when you call the ram customer care number. If your technicians say there is no problem you believe them above anyone. You had a golden opportunity to help a lot of members out here by testing this issue out and resolving it, but instead you waster everyone's time.

nasaland

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L

WOW....just....WOW

unbelievable, tremendous letdown, disappointment, gobsmacked...

...anyone else wanna throw in an adjective or adverb?

Just...WOW

Did these "engineers" even read the thread?

I AM an E.E. with 25 years working at NASA. Just assume they know what they are talking about, even if you can't read the PWM with a voltmeter (yuk), what about all the other evidence?

Amazing... I am utterly flabergasted.

I give up

:emotions133:

nasaland

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
...by the way - somebody please shoot all those dancing bananas (or whatever they are) 4 posts up.

WOW...just WOW!