Brush Guard and Front Parking Sensor Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jgruberman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0L
Just installed a cheap brush guard so it doesn't have any holes for parking sensors. Pretty sure the guard is interfering with the two middle parking sensors only and not the outside ones... Can I disconnect the middle two from behind the sensor and the outside side two still work? Or do I have to leave them connected and block them off with some sort of cap/cover?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
jgruberman

jgruberman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0L
Anyone?

TTU14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've never actually looked at the sensors, but if they just unplug just give it a shot?

OP
OP
jgruberman

jgruberman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0L
Yeah you'd think I could just try it and figure it out myself lol... Just hoping there was some experience out there of already being where I'm at.

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been wanting to put a bull bar on my truck since it's lifted now. But run into the same issue. From everything I've read - you'll definitely have an issue. Either the sensors will constantly alert since they will be picking up the brush guard, or you'll need to just disable all the front sensors (pull the fuse??)...I don't really use my front sensors at all, so if I decide to go with the bull bar, I'll just disable to front sensors.

OP
OP
jgruberman

jgruberman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0L
I've been wanting to put a bull bar on my truck since it's lifted now. But run into the same issue. From everything I've read - you'll definitely have an issue. Either the sensors will constantly alert since they will be picking up the brush guard, or you'll need to just disable all the front sensors (pull the fuse??)...I don't really use my front sensors at all, so if I decide to go with the bull bar, I'll just disable to front sensors.
Did you find out anything about disabling the middle two and keeping the outer two functional?