Bully Dog GT Deisel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3500 Dually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I purchased a Bully Dog Gt Deisel tuner for my 2020 Ram 6.7 Cummins. Had the warranty recal for this vehicle to replace the high pressureuel pump. Once the fuel pump was replaced the tune would no longer load due to it was a new part # in the PCM and the Bully Dog said there was a part # mismatch and to call tech assistance. Well 6 months later and after many E mails and phone calls I cannot get any information to the status of the repair ticket or when it will be done. Cannot get any manager at the company to contact me and cannot get the sales dept to answer so I can send this boat anchor back. Bully Dog is a terrible company's do not waste your money on there product. Otherwise if you like having a product which does not work, enjoy being frustrated and like spending countless hours on the phone with no productive results, the Bully Dog tuner is the one for you.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
BullyDog is probably waiting on CARB to issue them an EO number for the new programming for the pump recall. Not to worry CARB has probably decided to make up their own rules and not follow the federal guidelines the other 49 states accept.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Generally most tuner manufacturers advise that you return the vehicle to stock tune befory you take your vehicle to a dealer for service or warranty work. That's because they will always plug your truck into their diagnostic tool, perform updates to the PCM and/or simply scan it for a VIN. This can create a disconnect between the tuner's data and the data in the PCM.

Not sure how this would work if you need the custom tune on the truck for it to run, such as if you've done a full delete, etc...

Elvira

Reaction score
It is true about MADDOG's advice on the tuner. You are supposed to bring back to stock before any upgrades made by the dealerships. Their programming over rides your tune and brings it back to oem specs with any repairs or upgrades. The bully dog tuner now no longer recognizes your tune or the pcm because of this. Normally tuners are "married" to the vehicle it was purchased for...so selling your truck the tuner goes with it. I do understand though that you may be able to have the tuner brought back to factory or as new before vehicle entries allowing you to start over with adding your vehicle again and a new tune. Something you could look into now with bully dog. This is not a free service though, you will have to inquire to bully dog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357