Buying new TPMS, make sure they are really OEM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juniorss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys this is a copy of a post I made in the 5th gen section.

I just wanted to give you guys a heads up with a discovery I made. A friend of mine was looking for TPMS and found some on ebay for really cheap. The sensors are apparently brand new OEM for $33 shipped for a set of 4. Once he received them, they were in some bags with Chinese writing so I did some research. Basically people are buying chinese knock offs, which did look identical to the oem ones I must say, from Alibaba and reselling them as OEM. Needless to say two work, one sometimes looses signal and another doesn't work at all. If you want to roll the dice they are an option, but seem like more of a headache in the long run.

Ebay auction

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4X-TIRE-PR...BUAAOSwlAFb9MRo:sc:USPSFirstClass!11572!US!-1

Alibaba

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...galleryofferlist.normalList.49.6d186005hRjQJS

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Thanks for the heads up. As the saying goes if it sounds to good to be true it probably is

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll agree with that. Bought similar, 3 of 4 shot after a couple of years. Just went to the stealer yesterday to pick up 4 new ones (the stockers were working fine when I sold them a couple of months ago)

CamperMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are other viable options but they also cost more than that. Huf makes decent quality sensors as does Denso. You can save a bit vs OEM but they are still not cheap.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Spend more, get more. When I was wanting two rear OEM sensors for my Charger, got form here, they were OEM, and cheaper than dealer.

https://www.tpms.com/

snoty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Slightly off topic but... in the past with different vehicles of mine (not MOPAR), I've only had one sensor go at a time, not all 4 or 5. Is there any reason one would replace all 4 instead of just the one that went out?

DirtyWipers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Slightly off topic but... in the past with different vehicles of mine (not MOPAR), I've only had one sensor go at a time, not all 4 or 5. Is there any reason one would replace all 4 instead of just the one that went out?

I replaced one of mine that was damaged with a cheap one from eBay...I think I paid about $16 for it...Still working perfectly after a couple of months.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Well going to be testing my new Good Year AT/S tires this week :O 1" to 4" of snow :O Global warming my ass :O lol

OCDTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

My theory is if you've had the vehicle from new and one goes out early probably replace the one. However, if you've had it for years ie: 5-9 and one goes out probably replace all because they are probably all close to the end of their useful life.

Jguzzier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dill and schrader are always good sensors to go with they are direct oem replacement. Most major tire store carry those.

Kid's HEMI! !!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have eBay ones for 3 years now at least 53k on them work fine