Cam Position Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willpower719

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did a search on this so if I missed a previous post my apologies.

My 2003 1500 4x4 4.7ltr has the check engine light either flashing or steady....it varies. The code it pops is P0310. I have replaced the Cam sensor and the code remains. Is there a secret to resetting the code or will the computer do it for me once the problem is remedied? If it does reset itself then I still have a problem. Would the next logical step be the plug and harness? I know Dodge has discontinued it but I did find one on a Mopar site.

I appreciate the help.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I did a search on this so if I missed a previous post my apologies.

My 2003 1500 4x4 4.7ltr has the check engine light either flashing or steady....it varies. The code it pops is P0310. I have replaced the Cam sensor and the code remains. Is there a secret to resetting the code or will the computer do it for me once the problem is remedied? If it does reset itself then I still have a problem. Would the next logical step be the plug and harness? I know Dodge has discontinued it but I did find one on a Mopar site.

I appreciate the help.
Are you sure the DTC is P0310? Or is it P0301?