Can a Gen3 Trailer Hitch Fit Gen 4 Ram?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MopartsMoproblems

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7l
Hey fellas,

Im trying to purchase a trailer hitch for my 2019 Ram Classic and was wondering if a Gen3 designed Class IV hitch would fit the bolt alignment of a Gen4. I can’t seem to find any information online about it maybe everyone just gets newer ones?

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Look up the hitch part #'s for both trucks. If they are the same then it should work.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you are buying a new hitch, just get one for your specific model year of truck. The only reason I would even think about getting a gen 3 version is if you were buying used.
Just as a note, Curt lists different part numbers for a gen 3 vs. gen 4 truck.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Agree with the above, if you're buying a new hitch for your Gen 4 then just get one intended for a Gen 4. The price difference should be negligable, and Curt makes a quality, inexpensive unit. I've bought a lot of their stuff over the years and everything has worked pretty well, the only complaint I've had is that their fifth wheel hitch doesn't like to unhook if you don't have it just right - or maybe my FIL screwed his up somehow because he doesn't 'back under' a fifth wheel, he jacks it up way too high then lowers it down into it.