Can anyone help me with this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LadyBug

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After the check engine light came on and received the code P0128, I changed the thermostat, added more mopar cooloant and reset the check engine light. Two days later the check engine light came back on and after some research discovered I needed to change the coolant temperature sensor. I watched some Youtube videos on how to change it. When I tried to remove the cap on the sensor the tab broke. Is there a way that I can still remove the csensor ap from the coolant temperature sensor so that I can replace it? I also figure I will need to replace the senor cap with a new one.

Any help you can give will be much appreciated.

LadyBug

csuder99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The connectors used on the RAM trucks can be a pain, they are all a little different, push this tab, pull here and whatnot. Did you get the tab to move before it broke ? If not try to slide it up with a pick or small screwdriver. The tab is just a lock for the actual latching mechanism. You can push on that one with small screwdriver or pick as well.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you can get the connector to fit snug enough all the way over the new sensor (once you get it installed), it may be fine and never present a problem. As an example, european connectors are really wonky and a lot of people break the retaining tabs off them. I see them broken a lot ...yet they still fit on tight and generally don't fall off. But test-fit and see ..every case is unique.

Also, I'd consider a Mopar sensor ...lot of parts store sensors aren't that robust. Just my opinion there.