Can I get an after-market electronic pedal adjustor or telescopic steering wheel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRambo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can I get after market electronic pedal adjustment buttons installed? What about a telescopic steering wheel? I purchased the 2014 1500 Big Horn without test driving it, based on my experiences driving my father's 2010 (same exact model, different year). My father's 2010 has the pedal adjustor buttons, mine does not. Who would anticipate Dodge removing such a basic feature from every single options package? What the hell can I do. The dealership has told me that the pedal adjustment buttons are no longer available on the 1500s. I must have either the pedal adjustor or a telescopic steering wheel to make driving this truck at least somewhat comfortable. I am a tall guy and right now I cannot lift my foot to get it over the brake pedal without my knee hitting the steering wheel, unless I want to move the seat all the way back and then move the back portion of the seat way forward, which is a ridiculous and extremely uncomfortable way to drive any vehicle. The truck has depreciated far too much for a working man to just trade it in for another new pick-up. Is there any way at all to fix this. I don't know much about after-market products. Any advice would be much appreciated.

AzRamLover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't think there's anything you can do - it *might* have been possible to look for the exact part numbers and swap out your existing pedals with the adjustable ones but that assumes some interchangeability.

Pedals, obviously are core safety functionality and therefore probably have pretty rigid standards. Double for the brake pedal.

RE the steering wheel, I don't think *any* 4th gens have telescoping (they only have tilt) so you might be SOL there too.

Sorry, man.

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i know someone did a mod to bring the throttle up but i don't think that'd help in your case. pretty sure the adjustable pedals was still an option so your dealer should be able to add it but no idea what that would cost

[edit] after looking around it was apparently an option on the sport and laramie. also according to that other forum we're not allowed to talk about you'd have to change the entire wiring harness and a few other things that apparently even the dealer can't do. only thing i can think of is maybe there's after market pedals or possibly you could get some custom made but that would be expensive

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JRambo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
AZ, Thanks man

Andy, Thanks for the research. Hopefully the dealership will give me some viable options. I'll be going back to see them this week

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank