Canadian RAM Warranty Extension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Due to the rising costs I am wondering the benefit of getting an extended warranty. Is it worth it for the money? Anyone been there done that? 2021 5.7 Hemi Classic..54000KM...thanks

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Due to the rising costs I am wondering the benefit of getting an extended warranty. Is it worth it for the money? Anyone been there done that? 2021 5.7 Hemi Classic..54000KM...thanks

What type of OEM warranty do you have now, just the basic, 1 year/3 year 60K km?

Are you thinking of an FCA extended warranty or an aftermarket and at what cost?

I bought the crazy 5 year/100K km at the time of purchase and I would have preferred longer but they insisted this was all they had as far as term length.

OP
OP
Dave Haddon

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey RamDiver..thanks..just got a callback from the dealership and they do the 5yr 100K before you reach 60K for $2800...might have to think quick and long about that as I am at 54K now.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Dave, for me personally, I stuck with my 3/60 & 5/100.
Although not everyone has the same contacts nor abilities to obtain dealer work for next to nothing.

For you specifically, how has your truck been since new:
- issues
- warranty
- reliability

What's your current mileage & have you been proactive/predictive on your maintenance as well.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hey RamDiver..thanks..just got a callback from the dealership and they do the 5yr 100K before you reach 60K for $2800...might have to think quick and long about that as I am at 54K now.

When I purchased my truck, I got extend warranty. It is Mopar warranty.
The basic warranty can go by relatively quickly. While you hope you don't have any issues. Some of those parts are very costly. And usually break after basic warranty is over.
It also increases the value if you plan or decide to trade/sell it.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Good afternoon, Dave :cool:

I would suggest you do a bit of research on locating a better deal.

After I had already signed on the dotted line, with the rationale of including my extended warranty in the low interest financing, I learned that other Canadian dealers could provide the same FCA warranty at a big discount.

I recall a dealer somewhere in Saskatchewan somewhere who was selling the same warranty for about $1600, whereas I paid about $2200.

AFAIR, it was in Saskatchewan, but that was in January of '22. I'd say it could be worth poking around and maybe save a few $.

To my Southern Brothers, keep in mind we use kilometres and Canadastan $ up here, in this thread anyway.

Likely, quite different, just like the availability of extended warranties. We don't get many options from FCA up here, AFAIK.

OP
OP
Dave Haddon

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the input guys. Yep been pretty on the mark with maintenance and now issues to date. Just wondering the trade off in after market work by a trusted mechanic/friend..vs..dealership after $2800 in extended warranty payment..think I just answered my own question.