Cargo Sliding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chopperdog45

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
How fast does the BedRug dry after getting wet or rained on and does moisture soak through to the underside?

I have a cover but often toss wet kayaks in there or wet scuba gear.

It seems to dry pretty quickly, in my experience from the couple times it got wet. Here is what the BedRug folks say on their website in the product description:

The BedRug material is fade and UV resistant. Made of foam similar to that used in life jackets, it doesn't absorb water and will not mold or mildew. Water will simply run off the surface, through the zippered perimeter, out the factory drain holes in the truck bed and will dry in as little as 20 minutes. Just clean it with a hose, power washer or vacuum and your BedRug is good as new.

Bill A

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I installed a bed rug in my Limited Longhorn because what we usually haul are suitcases. The bed rug has velcro attachments. I load them with the handles facing rearward then loop a buckle strap thru the handles and thru the steel loops at each side of the bed. They stay where you left them.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It seems to dry pretty quickly, in my experience from the couple times it got wet. Here is what the BedRug folks say on their website in the product description:

The BedRug material is fade and UV resistant. Made of foam similar to that used in life jackets, it doesn't absorb water and will not mold or mildew. Water will simply run off the surface, through the zippered perimeter, out the factory drain holes in the truck bed and will dry in as little as 20 minutes. Just clean it with a hose, power washer or vacuum and your BedRug is good as new.

Thanks for the info.

1stindoor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
'23 2500 MegaCab
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I always carry two small moving blankets (Harbor Freight) and I have two collapsible crates and a similar bar as Jawzs2 listed.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just got a decent rubber mat in the bed under my full cover. Keeps things pretty locked in. But if the item U put in there is like say a bag of horse feed, that plastic will slide if U lock up brakes or go WOT from a stop. Then U need some of the ideas suggested above like tie down or compartmentize, just IMHO. The bed mat was bought and sized for the truck, of course. The tailgate mat just held down by double sided Gorilla Tape, helps when loading and on the ole knees. Of course I have a full tonneau cover, so anything big that would not fit under the cover, has to go into my alternate transportation piece, known as a "Stock Trailer". :33::Big Laugh:

Attachments

• new truck bed rug.jpg
    new truck bed rug.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 15
  • tailgate1.jpg
    tailgate1.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0418.jpg
    IMG_0418.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 14

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those of us with the rambox option and bed divider don't have that problem. Multiple adjustment points for it as well...

View attachment 531048
That is real nice, but alas, just a lowly Bighorn guy here, no fancy box or lights, BUT really like that setup, nice and utilitarian.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I really liked the Bed Rug in my 95. Never an issue with it, and as mentioned, really easy on the knee's I had a 5 gallon diesel container tip over and spill diesel fuel on the rug. It cleaned right up, and aired out. A tarp can always be placed over the rug if you hauled something nasty..

Attachments

• 95 Truck interior pictures 002.JPG
    95 Truck interior pictures 002.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 13

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
You know those kiddy interlocking 2 ft square play mats? I got 2 sets of 4 ( $12 ea) and cut them to size..works great..simple..removable..light, washable and cheap!
I use those for that as well as kneeling pads for the old knees and also toss a couple on the carpet when the back seat is folded up which is most of the time. Good to stand on as well
I use to have a rubber bed liner in one of the trucks.
I always keep a couple ratchet straps across the hooks at the back for gas cans or what ever .

stormcom

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn
Engine
V6
Two words... Bed Slider! I am disabled and it is a Godsend. Nothing moves and you can pull it out, so you do not have to kill yourself leaning over. We use it to donate food to the humane society. It will hold a ton and yes it will.

Attachments

• Resized952022122095082707.jpg
    Resized952022122095082707.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Resized952022122195145017.jpg
    Resized952022122195145017.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 21

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ahh storm com..yes..now that is the way to go..however, i think my $12 solution has you Trumped..oh I hate that word..beat shall we say..on the cost angle but not on the efficiency for sure..would love one of those..what did that cost you and where did you pick it up?

jimmyfjk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
i have a 2021 also with factory spray in liner. I went to home depot and bought the like 4'x4' rubber mats that will link together. They are actually for standing on and have 1" holes all over. You can cut them with good industrial scissors. I put these in my bed and they are perfect. with the holes water goes through instead of standing on top. they are apx 3/4" thick so they hold everything off the bed and it stays dry. I had them in my tundra and they are very durable. have never had to replace any

1STRAM2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have the spray in bed liner as well. I bought some of the rubber wash mats from Tractor Supply, they snap together, can be cut to size, keep things in place better, and they are much more accommodating to my aging knees when I kneel in the truck bed!

1stindoor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
'23 2500 MegaCab
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Two words... Bed Slider! I am disabled and it is a Godsend. Nothing moves and you can pull it out, so you do not have to kill yourself leaning over. We use it to donate food to the humane society. It will hold a ton and yes it will.
My buddy had one in his Power Wagon. I must admit that it truly solves the problem...they ain't cheap though.

mabell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Tmat.
I stumbled across it looking for a bed mat to keep stuff dry on a trip to Alaska (ramboxes+retractable cover+heavy rain=water in the bed). I found it super useful, it wasn't being marketed/developed, so I bought out the product line.

Full disclosure - I now own the website so I won't link it.

5f7f4ea6dba766808bf69d5e1411b1a6.jpg

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Tmat.
I stumbled across it looking for a bed mat to keep stuff dry on a trip to Alaska (ramboxes+retractable cover+heavy rain=water in the bed). I found it super useful, it wasn't being marketed/developed, so I bought out the product line.

Full disclosure - I now own the website so I won't link it.

View attachment 531351

Looks like what I call Dry decking. We used it in fire truck storage compartments. Never seen it with locking accessories like that though.
If I wanted to find it what would I type in the "google" box??

Edit: duh, I found it. Cool stuff.

Ural_Guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Like others have mentioned, I use a BedRug too. It is carpeted on top but has foam on the underside that fills in the low points in the bed floor to level it across the truck. It makes it cusioned all throughout the bottom of the truck and definitely saves ones knees. Great for camping in the bed if the truck as well. (I have an ARE topper)