Carven on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2016Bighorny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am on the fence on ordering one myself....I probably will in the next few days. They do sound killer! My buddy just installed the Competitor on his 2016 Hemi...I am pretty sure I will go with the Progressive!

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got the progressive with stock tips, I thought that would be a good starting point as I didn't want it too lowed. I like mine, the way it is but I figured I could add the Carven tips later if I wanted it any different.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking good and quick install job. Let's hear some vids!

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'll get a vid up later today.

Question. Do the 5" tips alter the sound at all?
Some people say it gives it a slightly deeper tone. It won't make it louder

Dbush36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^this. It won’t be louder. Just deeper. I put on my progressive with stock tips. Ram her for a few days and switched to the 5” tips. I liked it with the stock tips but fell in love with it with the 5”rs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Loved the sound but hated the drone when I had a progressive on my CC. Have heard a few guys say they had drone with the similar setup. Wonder if it is a CC thing, and if the drone would go away if the muffler was further back.

Dbush36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine only drones when I’m doing about 65 on the highway if I can’t go faster I just down shift from 6 to 5th and the drone goes away. Magna flow makes a J pipe they call it that goes in front of the muffler will work with carven and it reduces or eliminates drone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got the 8 speed and my only drone is when the MDS is just about to kick off. When it's on its quiet, when it's off its quiet, it's just that split second from on to off.

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Love the Carven on my 2017 Rebel. I did not run it with the stock tips...installed them the same time as the exhaust. It had 500 miles on it when I put it on...2350 now.

It does have a bit of drone with the MDS on during highway running...but nothing too bad and the radio makes it so I can't even hear it.

The exhaust is a dream...no raspiness throughout the entire powerband and it sounds amazing.

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I installed mine today as well. I LOVE the sound! But, my tips are ALL JACKED UP coming out of the bumper. They are completely uneven with the gaps and one sticks out further than the other one does. Did you have any issues with yours? It took me around 30 minutes to install mine and then I spent another hour (!) trying to adjust the tips and had to stop cause of other things I had going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

OP
OP
Riccochet

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
I installed mine today as well. I LOVE the sound! But, my tips are ALL JACKED UP coming out of the bumper. They are completely uneven with the gaps and one sticks out further than the other one does. Did you have any issues with yours? It took me around 30 minutes to install mine and then I spent another hour (!) trying to adjust the tips and had to stop cause of other things I had going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Leave everything loose, but snug. Lube the hangers and adjust everything. Then tighten it all up.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Leave everything loose, but snug. Lube the hangers and adjust everything. Then tighten it all up.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

10-4. I'll give it another try tomorrow. Frustrated as mess with it today lol and now I'm all showered from the lube spray and sweating my B*$Ls off!

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You should be able to snap the single weld on the stock tips and re-adjust them to your liking. I installed the Carven 5" tips and moved them where I wanted them and tightened them down. They haven't moved and are perfectly aligned.

Loosen the stock tips...snap the single weld with a hammer (not a metal one) and readjust.

Good luck!

Move Over

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any issues with droning? I’m not sensitive to droning at all, as I have my fair share of loud cars, however the magnaflow 18” I installed drones pretty loudly at 2,000 rpm. Thinking of changing it.