Catalytic Converter 2009

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leahcspencer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2009 1500 needs a new catalytic converter. The only one i can find is almost 3500$. HELP! What have you all done to fix this situation? Has anyone used a universal fit?

OP
OP
leahcspencer

leahcspencer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
im in texas. they do inspect for emissions. i have had a couple of vehicles that i have straight piped...but the newer the vehicle gets, the more sensor problems you have. i dont have a problem getting an inspection sticker on the black market...but if the fix is affordable, ill do it right. the cat that i found cost a lot though...3500$ is ridiculous.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does your truck have two on a Y-pipe? Or one? If it's one, you can buy replacements at Napa or ebay all day long for under $200 (price goes up with quality, etc) and have a muffler shop weld in place.

Here's a direct-fit replacement for your truck from Napa $490. The State should allow that I would think. But verify:

There are a bunch of replacement Y-pipe's with 2 converters on ebay between $400 and $800+ depending on quality, fitment, supplier, etc. Do a search.

Last edited:

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Has your truck been using a minor amt of coolant? Do you hear gurgling in your heater core in the morning? Often a failed catalytic converter is a symptom of a larger problem. A minor leaking H/G ...one that leaks slowly ..hardly uses much coolant, can kill a CC. Head Gasket leaks can persist in a small way, sometimes hardly detected, for years before they 'give-out' in a big way.