Ceramic coated headers temperature decrease

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimmyjames636

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all,
Have had my ARH headers ceramic coated before installing them about a month ago. Has anyone with ceramic coated headers notice a noticeable decrease in temps under the hood. Going off my gauge on the dash I sit at the first 1/4 notch where I believe if I recall correctly I sat above that a bit before my install. My coolant temp seems to hold 170 even up here in Michigan with the dropping temps. I have stock thermostat as well.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m interested in this. I don’t see how headers would drop engine coolant to 170 with a 203 thermostat. I can see under hood temps dropping some due to ceramic coating which helps with intake temps but that doesn’t effect engine running temps or oil temps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
jimmyjames636

jimmyjames636

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Agreed, thats why I have been watching it. I have switched over to the redline 5w30 as well lately also. But I don't see how that could drop my temp so much. I don't ever recall my coolant temp being 170. Has stayed consistant even after driving around and getting on it. Never seems to raise. I had the headers installed prior to the winter weather conditions showing up as well. I also have a diablosport hemifever premium tune as well but I dont see how these could drop my coolant temp. Also, no cats on the y pipe.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The coating will not lower engine coolant temps. all it really will do is help reduce under hood temps to hopefully reduce heat soak.

maybe your tstat is stuck open?

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Hey all,
Have had my ARH headers ceramic coated before installing them about a month ago. Has anyone with ceramic coated headers notice a noticeable decrease in temps under the hood. Going off my gauge on the dash I sit at the first 1/4 notch where I believe if I recall correctly I sat above that a bit before my install. My coolant temp seems to hold 170 even up here in Michigan with the dropping temps. I have stock thermostat as well.

Hey Jimmy, I have these ceramic coated ARHs too, just need to get em on. Did you go with CATs? Would love to see some pics of your setup. I know I have to chop my Magnaflow as the ARH Y pipe is about 3" longer.

OP
OP
jimmyjames636

jimmyjames636

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Socal, I went catless. and already had a aftermarket muffler on. Simple install and everything went together nice.