CF Error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

charsay3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 v8 Hemi
I just purchased a used 2011 ram 1500 5.7 v8 Hemi. I was driving today and a CF error code came on the integrated trailer brake module. I don't have a trailer attached. When I stopped and put the truck in park, I was not able to move it back to drive without shutting the truck off and restarting it. Once I restart it the code goes away. Any suggestions?

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Sounds like either a wiring issue, or failing that, a bad controller. I'd start with checking the connector right behind the left front wheel behind the wheel well liner for loose, or corroded connections, then follow the wiring back to the trailer connection.

OP
OP
C

charsay3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 v8 Hemi
Good morning, quick question. is the truck safe to drive until I get it fixed? again I do not have a trailer attached, I checked the wiring and even cleaned the connections. I was going to order a new controller today.