Check engine light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S.Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2015 ram 1500 outdoorsman in mint condition. Came home the other day and parked like i always do. Its cold here so i started the truck with remote start and iy started but then died. I went out and checked the fuel and its full, noticed a check engine light and thats why the remote start was cancelled.

Anyway, the light wasnt on when i parked the truck so something happened while parked or upon the next start up. I know the codes cant be checked like the previous model years so i ordered a code reader from amazon for $35.00. My question is after i get the trouble code, depending on what it is can these cancel or shut it off? I know some things can be. I had the dealer shut off my seatbelt alarm for example. I know thats not a code but im just wondering if its something stupid can it just be eliminated until it can be fixed.

Ramsteen23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2015 ram 1500 outdoorsman in mint condition. Came home the other day and parked like i always do. Its cold here so i started the truck with remote start and iy started but then died. I went out and checked the fuel and its full, noticed a check engine light and thats why the remote start was cancelled.

Anyway, the light wasnt on when i parked the truck so something happened while parked or upon the next start up. I know the codes cant be checked like the previous model years so i ordered a code reader from amazon for $35.00. My question is after i get the trouble code, depending on what it is can these cancel or shut it off? I know some things can be. I had the dealer shut off my seatbelt alarm for example. I know thats not a code but im just wondering if its something stupid can it just be eliminated until it can be fixed.
Same thing happened to my 2016 1500...the remote start would occasionally cancel itself and the check engine light would come on for a bit then clear itself. After doing this a couple of times, I started paying attention to when it was happening and noticed the check engine light would come on when fuel tank was just below full and then shut off after tank level dropped to about 3/4 full. Turns out the issue was the fuel level sensor...had it replaced and had no further issues. Not sure if your issue is due to the same thing but either way hopefully it's something minor. Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357