Chrome cracking and flaking on wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beardking

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was wondering if it's a common thing for the 4th gen Ram chrome wheels to get cracking and peeling chrome. My 2019 has less than 50k miles and noticed recently that all 4 wheels have cracked and flaking chrome. Anyone know if this is something I could possibly get warrantied?

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
How would your 2019 be under warranty? Bumper to Bumper is 3/36, you are out on both. Maxcare excludes trim and wheels. They are just plastic wheel skins. Take the old ones off and replace them. Several YouTubes on how to remove them.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
How would your 2019 be under warranty? Bumper to Bumper is 3/36, you are out on both. Maxcare excludes trim and wheels. They are just plastic wheel skins. Take the old ones off and replace them. Several YouTubes on how to remove them.
Then sell them and buy good wheels. Lol

OP
OP
B

beardking

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, I wasn't really holding out hope, but I've had things on the Jeep I had fixed under warranty after it was out of warranty so I just thought I'd ask. Didn't really figure it would happen, but not going to find out if I don't ask.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Nobody here is going to warranty your vehicle. We don’t even warranty our opinions. ;-)

Your local dealer is the one to ask about warranty. Maybe they will do a good will replacement. Not going to find out you don’t ask them.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
If all your rims are flaking, i would have to ask what wheel cleaner is being used.
Some wheel cleaners are what is called a two part cleaner.
If a Neutralizer is used improperly, even real chrome cracks & flakes

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat