Cladding Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tourdemon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cladding is complete!!!!!!

Have an appointment this week with a custom exhaust shop to have the pipes routed to exit the right side like the SRT.
My tonneau cover arrives this week, then its off to paint.

Last edited:

derekp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1990 5.9 Cummins
Dude that looks freakin sweet!

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Looks weird because it's sitting so high. Is it a 4x4?

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Like that front end. Deff don't see the 06 srt often

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yes, and will be putting a 2-4 drop on it in the spring.

Ah ok. I'm glad you went with the rest of the body kit, to me it looks funny when people put on the SRT bumper but nothing else, the body lines don't match up (my personal aesthetic/OCD lol). I haven't personally seen it, but there shouldn't (I emphasize shouldn't) be any reason why you couldn't put the SRT spindles on so you bolt on the brakes. The SRT spindles also change the front end characteristics more towards handling. I have a 2wd so I was able to put the SRT coils in with it (what a world of difference).

OP
OP
tourdemon

tourdemon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ah ok. I'm glad you went with the rest of the body kit, to me it looks funny when people put on the SRT bumper but nothing else, the body lines don't match up (my personal aesthetic/OCD lol). I haven't personally seen it, but there shouldn't (I emphasize shouldn't) be any reason why you couldn't put the SRT spindles on so you bolt on the brakes. The SRT spindles also change the front end characteristics more towards handling. I have a 2wd so I was able to put the SRT coils in with it (what a world of difference).

The spindles are not easy to find.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The spindles are not easy to find.

LOL I know all too well, but if you start keeping an eye out you'll find them. Nice thing is they're all the same from 04-06, same 15" rotor just the calipers are different, 04's have big 2 piston sliders, 05-06 have bigger 4 piston fixed. The deals are out there, when I started looking I found a guy selling two new 05-06 calipers mistakenly listed as 04's. Got them for a couple hundred, turns out his SRT truck burned to the ground. He still had the spindles, threw them in for an extra $150. All I had to get then were rotors (went oem at the time to save $$) and hubs. Straight bolt in and after an alignment good to go. Here are mine:

Before:
DSC00295.jpg~original

After:
DSC00299.jpg~original

Gets even better with the big ones on the back...with the 4.56 Dana :evillol:
DSC01386.jpg~original

DSC01387.jpg~original

Cleveland pick-n-pull is a good source (where I got the Bilsteins, coils and door panels), avoid X2builders, they're prices are so friggin OVERINFLATED for used stuff it's ridiculous.

OP
OP
tourdemon

tourdemon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LOL I know all too well, but if you start keeping an eye out you'll find them. Nice thing is they're all the same from 04-06, same 15" rotor just the calipers are different, 04's have big 2 piston sliders, 05-06 have bigger 4 piston fixed. The deals are out there, when I started looking I found a guy selling two new 05-06 calipers mistakenly listed as 04's. Got them for a couple hundred, turns out his SRT truck burned to the ground. He still had the spindles, threw them in for an extra $150. All I had to get then were rotors (went oem at the time to save $$) and hubs. Straight bolt in and after an alignment good to go. Here are mine:

Before:
DSC00295.jpg~original

After:
DSC00299.jpg~original

Gets even better with the big ones on the back...with the 4.56 Dana :evillol:
DSC01386.jpg~original

DSC01387.jpg~original

Cleveland pick-n-pull is a good source (where I got the Bilsteins, coils and door panels), avoid X2builders, they're prices are so friggin OVERINFLATED for used stuff it's ridiculous.
So what parts am I looking for exactly?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The spindles are the most important thing, once you have those you can get everything else fairly easily. They are the hardest to find and usually the most expensive pieces.

Stock spindle looks like this:
20150713_104425_zps4rmxdpev.jpg

SRT spindle:
DSC00296.jpg~original

OP
OP
tourdemon

tourdemon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Like that front end. Deff don't see the 06 srt often

Got that right, there is only 1 06 SRT front bumper available in the US and they want 1500 for it.

OP
OP
tourdemon

tourdemon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Woohoo, got my hands on the entire brake set off of an 06 quad cab, front, rear calipers as well as spindles and rotors for $600. As soon I get them they are off to the paint shop to be painted flame red!!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
tourdemon

tourdemon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I was thinking of installing the coils and shocks off a 06 QC, would that work on an 4x4? I know the SRT QC's where not lowered like the RC.