Clicking noise.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hulk smash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m new to the forum but I need some help. I own a 2016 tradesman 4x4 with a 6.4 liter hemi.
I have a clicking noise up front under carriage or at least that’s the best I can tell and has been going on for months. I have taken it to the dealer several times and they can’t find the problem. They have checked universal joints, bearings, drive shaft, front differential etc… and it’s all good.
Does anyone have any experiences,advise or information on this issue?
I tried to attach audio but I guess I’m doing something wrong.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I don't have any experience with 4 x4s

I live on a street & my place is 3rd apartment building from a very well used intersection.

I spend a lot of time out in my garage.
People usually start pressing their vehicles brakes directly in front of my garage, to Stop at the STOP sign.
I hear them as they make turns at the intersection or into their driveways .

4 wheel drive & front wheel drive vehicles make certain noises as different functions are performed. 1 noise that i hear most is turning while braking or turning at slow speeds.

Usually if a vehicle is turning Right & clicks, that to me means that the Left 1/2 shaft is going bad & visa versa

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Sounds typical of an axle ujoint. It is Not you driveshaft as it doesn't turn so you can eliminate that.