Codes P0113 and P0141

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alpinepeople

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Locating Sensor Opp

Hi all,
I have had the truck for less than 4 months 04 2500 HD 5.7 @219,""" miles. 4x4. Clean truck, has obviously been maintained well. Have not had any real problems. The check engine came on and went into the local APS and had the codes read. Came back as P0113 and P0141. 0113 seems simple enough. IAT sensor is easy enough to swap and is only $14. Will be picking up the IAT tomorrrow. However, the p0141 comes back to the o2 sensor (downstream) from what Ive gathered. If I remember correctly is was Bank 2 #2. I will pick up one no problem, but do not know the exact location of the O2. Does it happen to the one threaded directly into the cat? Doesnt seem to be any info online about location. I need to change it asap because i will be moving to an inspection state soon. Thanks in advance.

Ryckman Gerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
P0141 means bank 1 (side of engine where #1 spark plug is) and the 2nd or downstream O2 sensor, behind the cat. I’ve had issues with my 4.7L withat code now for months. The heater circuit is tied to all 4 sensors but that sensor like all downstream ones are monitors of exhaust heat and pressure only.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The Downstream oxygen sensors do a little more than measure exhaust heat. The Downstream O2 sensors are there not only to determine proper catalytic converter operation but they also provide critical data for the PCM to make Long Term Fuel Trim corrections.

On the 2004 5.7 HEMI trucks there are a total of 4 oxygen sensors. There are two Upstream and two Downstream.

The upstream (pre-catalyst) are directly related to fuel control and the air-fuel ratio, or AFR.

Now, for P0141, Bank 1 Sensor 2, or the driver side Downstream oxygen sensor, a heater failure DTC can be caused directly by a failed heater circuit in the sensor itself. You can verify the heater circuit by connecting a DVOM to the O2 sensor connector and measuring the voltage on the heater circuit and checking for a good ground.