Color Matched Door Edge Protector Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CRS1968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2023 Limited - Billet Silver. My garage is tight and I’ve already chipped the driver door edge on the wall. Looking for an easy self-installed color matched door edge protector. Any recommendations? Thanks!

OP
OP
C

CRS1968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thought of that. Have 2 doors and another car on other side so thought maybe just do doors. Thanks for the input.

DanAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You can buy the clear paint protection film in 1/2” wide strips that apply to door edges or any edges. Looks kind of like scotch tape but of course far thicker and tougher. Easy do-it-yourself job. 3M is one maker. I also have a wall bumper in one garage I bought from someplace - maybe Groits Garage. It’s red, about 3/4” thick and adheres to the wall with an adhesive backing.

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Problem with modern vehicles... they keep getting bigger and bigger. Garages aren't changing size. Thus why you cruise through suburbia and see so many houses that have garages, but the full-size pickup is sitting in the driveway.

I will second the 3M protective film. It is quality stuff. There are also plastic bump-guard strips you can install on the walls of your garage. Protect the vehicle and the house. I'd recommend both.