• A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C

• D

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I will be having the Belltech 963SP trimmed to a 3/5 drop, and installed this week (Tropical Storm Permitting). I ordered the Viar 10002 system to supply air to my air horns and possibly to the AirLift helper springs Part# 60824.

A)
I can go the easy/cheap route and run the schrader valves from the bags to the licenese plate holes like most do. But also add a quick connect fitting to the onboard air system. I would keep a coil hose like THIS in the cab for quick inflation of the bags, tires, etc.

B)
Tap into the onboard air system and add one SMC 3/8 valve for filling and another for dumping. Add a gauge and a swtitch inside the cab.

C)
Use the FireStone 9257 automatic valve tapped into onboard air with no gauge

D)
add the AirLift 25804 and leave the onboard air for just the horns

Last edited:

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
B seems it would be best, but it all depends how much you want to spend and how much work you're willing to put in. On my old truck I just ran the fill valves into the cab right near the door on the drivers side back seat.
I wouldn't recommend filling them without a gauge as they don't require much air and you may pop them if you aren't careful (option c).

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
B for sure. You want to be tapped into that on board air, trust me. Even if you are only towing on the weekend. It's nice to have a gauge on board as well so you can monitor pressure under load. As a bonus, if you tow the same load all the time you can figure out exactly what pressure you need to be at in order to sit level and achieve it easily each time.

OP
OP
Big Boi

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
After talking to my buddy, we decided "B" is the best. Only other thing I will add is a 35 psi safety release valve so that I don't blow the bags up. No gauge needed.